Groove-Along

JulieKay

Kim, those colors are beautiful together! I have lots of earth tones in my house (not my favorite, either) but those colors are terrific!:clap

Thanks Judy! My son wanted the blanket for his room until I put the pink in one of the squares....now he's not so sure.:lol I have earth tones in my house too but mostly tans and beige. I like them in small doses! :yes

Kim

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want in! My daughter and I were looking through patterns and came across the babette blanket the other day. I think it will be a great project for us to do together. I'll start as soon as I finish 3 WIPs this weekend. We'll start going through the stash to see if we have enough.

Everyone ghans are looking great. I decided not to post a new photo since I just posted Tuesday. I have one section sewed together. I decided to do a section at a time and there are four sections.

Pam

Clare thanks. Are you getting a lot of that rain that NSW is getting or are you away from there.

I have done more on the babette but now giving it a break and anyway the cats are laying on it here at the moment, so Im doing my Beckys Block quilt for the moment.

woooooow

that is so amazing

all the photos are wonderful

i just started my babette and i`m useing 6 colors of the caron brites

actually i got the idea and i`m gonna make the squares randomlly row by row untill the blanket is done ;)

wendy

is it a problem if i`m useing little colors?? cause i`m useing just 6 :think

i just like the idea of bright colors and diffrent sizes of squares doesn`t matter if its less colors than the pattern

and i love your work ;)

Athba thanks and I am only using 7 colors so you should be fine with 6.

I have to tell you that on the ravelry site I saw a photo of someone else's babette and it was done in all different color blues, looked very nice I must say.

i`ll make sur that DH won`t see that photo cause he is blue addict and want a blanket as well

everyone around me want big projects that they want me to do for them

i think i`ll start teaching everyone crochet and no one will depend on me :lol

Ya know....I had a dream last night that I was doing the Babette in shades of black, white and gray. Is someone already doing that? It looked cool in the dream and even awake it sounds intriguing :yes

cara

that would be very nice but also very dark blanket :yes

Yes, I agree very dark probably. But it would be interesting :scrachin No, no I just don't have the room in the schedule for it :no Here it is January 5 and I think I already have projects lined up til November :lol

Here is my Babette so far.

th_P1030073.jpgIm only using 7 colors and havent gone through a skein of any color yet. If I had known that before hand I would have just used all my scraps and used more colors. Oh well might do another later on.

I have been lucky. I sent an ebay question to a person that was selling the latest Magazine of the Interweave Crochet and asked if he had the Spring 06 issue. He had and so I bought it from him as well as the current issue Jan08. Im hoping I will have it in the next week or two.

Groovy Job! I really like the way it is comeing together. :clap

Wow, Wendy

you have done a great job putting that together ! Nice work !

Here's my progress for the week on the Circle in a Square Afghan :

th_100_3050.jpg

This is the bottom left corner section if you look at the chart for it .

Awesome work, love the colors! :cheer

Here's a pic of the squares I've joined so far. I love working with this yarn but I'm not really into the rusts and golds that I picked for it....so it's going a little slow but the squares are fun to make!:manyheart

crochet003.jpg[/img]

I just noticed in the pic that on the small round squares the inner circles look off but that's because one of the rounds is a variagated yarn. It looks good up close...I promise.:blush

Kim

Great job, fantastic work! :clap

Wendy, I'm not starting the Babette till at least the end of next week...I think...I'm trying to be good and make more squares and rectangles for a charity project first.

Thanks Tab

and Judy - you are doing very good at keeping with your new plan --- didnt i read someplace that you are trying to scale down and do one thing at a time ? If so, you are doing great ! Wish I could get back into that.

Its how I ALWAYS crocheted BEFORE the ville.

Since then, it has been almost impossible ( for me ) .

Thanks Tab

and Judy - you are doing very good at keeping with your new plan --- didnt i read someplace that you are trying to scale down and do one thing at a time ? If so, you are doing great ! Wish I could get back into that.

Its how I ALWAYS crocheted BEFORE the ville.

Since then, it has been almost impossible ( for me ) .

It's not easy to keep to that goal...but so far it's working. Putting the other stuff away has helped tremendously. Out of sight and all that, you know...

I have 2 more rectangles I want to make for a charity (they provide blankets to Walter Reed Hospital): want to send 6 out on Monday. Then back to Friends squares, which are fun, since they;re different colors - and I'll be using some different patterns off and on. I do have a favorite design, which is adaptable from its original 12 inch on down to 7 or 8 inches....:c9

Clare thanks. Are you getting a lot of that rain that NSW is getting or are you away from there.

:hi Aussie no thankfully we didnt get the rain that Lismore got they were flooded every where!!! poor things :(

Archived