I have discovered...

I've discovered Peaches & Cream cotten yarn since I am doing the kitchen/bath swap. It's lovely stuff to crochet with. I've never crocheted with it before and today I found some great colors that I plan on making my girls some bath sets with.

Yay, for cotten yarn!

That on top of Crochetdudes patterns...I'm in heaven!

I totally agree. I used to turn my nose up and think it was icky...until I used it! So far I've made 2 hats, have another hat in progress, and have made a bag with it. I've got more in my stash, too. :)

I haven't worked much with cotton, will soon for the Kitchen/BR Swap but I switched to Caron Simply Soft for a long time then went back to regular acrylic and man was it rough on my hands!

Tandi

i've got a few projects going with cotton right now and have worked a blister on my finger from it!

Ouch!

Sometimes when I'm making something that works up tight, I start getting a dent on the finger the yarn comes over as I'm working, not fun at all... When that starts to happen I just wrap a strip of half-inch first aid bandage tape around my finger and that way it won't keep getting more and more sore. A bandaid would probably work, too, but with the tape I can just use a little strip and put it over the one spot that needs it. Yes, I do keep first-aid tape with my crochet stuff :lol

i like it, but when i work with cotton, i tend to stitch really tight. i've got a few projects going with cotton right now and have worked a blister on my finger from it!

I thought I was the only one!! I love the idea of cotton but the reality of working with it has not been fun for me! I crochet tight anyway and for some reason with cotton it's even worse. Plus - I don't get blisters (I stop before I get to that point - yikes :eek ) but my fingers do get sore.

I've crocheted so much stuff over the past almost year that it doesn't bother me and I don't need band aids or tape anymore.

It's kind of like playing a guitar, you eventually get desensitive to the strings (and yarn) and your fingers aren't so sore.

:frog

i like it, but when i work with cotton, i tend to stitch really tight. i've got a few projects going with cotton right now and have worked a blister on my finger from it!
Whoa! :eek Relax, guys! Blisters, band aids, tape?? :eek I thought crochet was supposed to be relaxing! :rofl

Crocheting/knitting is relaxing for me too. The only time I really use any kind of tape or band aid is when I'm using a particularly rough yarn. Most of the time I don't have to.

:frog

Whoa! :eek Relax, guys! Blisters, band aids, tape?? :eek I thought crochet was supposed to be relaxing! :rofl

:lol It's relaxing for me, just not for that poor finger when I'm working something with a tight gauge :haha The biggest culprit for me have been Caron pounder--dunno why but it seems to happen a lot more with it than with other yarns...

I hold my yarn funny so I've never really had a problem... when I learned how to crochet none of the pics showed how to hold the yarn, so I just figured out what worked for me. First two fingers out straight, yarn between them. My grip that way isn't strong enough for it to get too taut, and I crochet tight anyway so it being loose isn't a problem either. My knuckles get a little sore if I crochet too long because all my joints hyper-extend, but that's better than blisters! :eek

I used a combination of Peaches N Cream and Sugar N Cream to make a twin set for myself, and I absolutely LOVE the feel of the yarn against my skin! It is such a soft yarn~~and it washes well! My twin set has gotten softer with each wash, and I'm loving it! :manyheart

Congrats on finding such a treasure!

Archived