Crochet terms in multiple languages

I just downloaded a pattern for a really cool bag, but it was in German. I didn't think it would be a problem, as my brother speaks pretty fluent German.

HA! He did literal translations of the words and phrases, and let me tell you, no way am I making rods with my hooking stick, lol!

So, I googled around and found this very handy page I think we can all use:

TheCrochetNetwork's Crochet University List of Foreign Crochet Termsl

Now, I can make slip stitches and double crochets instead of rods and chains. I was starting to worry about my brother having a leaning toward violence there what with all the rods and chains and all :hook...

Thanks so much for the url -- :-)

>> Now, I can make slip stitches and double crochets instead of rods and chains. I was starting to worry about my brother having a leaning toward violence there what with all the rods and chains and all ... <<

too funny! ;-D

You're all very welcome. Think of how many more patterns we can stash now, bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!!

Tiga,

I was going to thank you for sharing this link, but now I'm not so sure ... bad crocheter, bad crocheter.... :rofl

But seriously, thank you for the link. It will make it easier when I browse those foreign-language sites drooling over the patterns there.

Archived