Hook inheritance

Just a quick update, for those who are interested.

My Gram passed away this morning at about 12:30 am. I will sorely miss her, but will treasure her gifts, real and otherwise, always.

Addey, I was getting all misty eyed reading this whole thread.....what a WONDERFUL keepsake to get from your beloved Grandmother. Then when you posted that she had passed, I totally lost it....I am so sorry for your loss. I know that you will treasure the hooks and the memories that you have from that wonderful lady!

Addey I am so sorry that you have this to deal with now. Please know that you are loved and cared for here. :hug

We may not be your gramma but we are here for you. :ghug

It has been a tough year kid, :hug but people here are praying for you and yours.

Thanks. This has been a tough year. This makes funeral number 4 I'll have been to this year. (Her memorial service is on the 5th.) There have been three other deaths that have affected me or my close friends as well. That's more than I've had to deal with in the last oh... 15 years I'm guessing.

I know I'm loved and supported here, we've got a great group with big hearts :manyheart

You have my thoughts and prayers on your grandmothers passing. This may sound silly but put one of her hooks with her. That way she has something to do. When my mom passed away she had a dupilicate hook, so we placed it and a small skein of her favorite color yarn with her. I got all of her hooks and yarn and smile every time I use a hook or some of the yarn. God Bless.:hug

That's so sweet! Actually, Gram is being cremated and wants her ashes scattered at the beach we always used to go to. I will bring them with me to her memorial service on Wednesday though.

That's so sweet! Actually, Gram is being cremated and wants her ashes scattered at the beach we always used to go to. I will bring them with me to her memorial service on Wednesday though.

What a tribute to her if during the refreshment time or the gathering afterwards you could display some of her work with the hooks?

:manyheart

Addey, I am sorry for your loss. I have my mom's, my grandmother's, & my friend's Mom's crochet hooks (& yarn!!) and I cherish every one of them. Everytime I use a hook, I think of all 3 of them crocheting together on the other side! How blessed you are to have them & the memories that go with them. Take Care, Dee

I like to think that now Gram can garden, paint, crochet and read as she wants and enjoy every moment of it. I think the only examples we have of her work are the stockings she made us many, many years ago now. I'll have to dig mine out (I don't decorate until mid-December). She stopped crochetting before I was in high school, and gave away most of what she'd done when she moved into the community where she lived.

I think the only examples we have of her work are the stockings she made us many, many years ago now. I'll have to dig mine out (I don't decorate until mid-December).

Is there a tradition behind waiting till mid-December? I'm going to start a thread about this and hope you'll answer there.:wreath

Archived