apple cozy?

Well who wouldn't want the best dressed apple in the office. Me for one, I think I'll stick with the old plastic bag, the one you get at the supermarket for free.

Well who wouldn't want the best dressed apple in the office. Me for one, I think I'll stick with the old plastic bag, the one you get at the supermarket for free.

me too, very odd. and i dont like warm apples anyway. i like really cold apples

You've got to be kidding me...what kind of fool would pay that much for something like that? I swear people will buy anything if they see it in a glitzy magazine or newspaper.

I made a set last year for another villager for her children to give to their teachers during teacher appreciation week. I agree that they might be frivilous, but wrapped around a big juicy apple, I am told they were quite a hit with the teachers who received them. The ones I made were red and I embroidered the initial of each teacher's last name on them in green.

OK. I must be dense because I just don't get it! Why would anyone WANT one of them to begin with? And if you did(?) why waste more than 18 bucks on it???? Am I missing something here?:think

I think the price is outrageous (well, good for the seller if she can get it, but I'd rather figure out how to make my own!! :lol)

Actually, it might be a good idea for a lunchbox, would provide a little cushioning and maybe insulate it a bit and keep it cool longer...

Now WHY didn't I THINK OF THAT?? I could be pulling in the cash right now!! But then again, WHY would I EVER thought of an apple cozy??!! I guess an apple cozy would be good for the person who has everything! The teacher gift sounds like a nice idea, and I'd certainly learn to make them cause I'd never pay $20 for one!

I made a set last year for another villager for her children to give to their teachers during teacher appreciation week. I agree that they might be frivilous, but wrapped around a big juicy apple, I am told they were quite a hit with the teachers who received them. The ones I made were red and I embroidered the initial of each teacher's last name on them in green.

lol, it was my kids teacher! I ADORED them and so did the teacher's. They each received a knitted apple cozy with apple and a Chicken Soup for the Teacher's Soul book. And I start practicing making them myself and I have to tell you I LOVE my apple cozy!! I put the apple in the cozy and toss it in my bag..no worries about it getting bruised. I know some people think "what in the world", but I really like it! Plus, I'm totally the kind of girl that will eat it if it's in a pretty package, lol

By the way, yours were MUCH cuter than the ones that website is selling! Here's the photo of the ones given to our teachers thanks to Mudpie's knitting skills! Image is clickable

th_DSC02497.jpg

Donna

:lolI enjoyed, the posts and replies. I needed a laugh it was funny and weird:yes

What will people come up with next?

Is there anything that hasn't been made in crochet?

By the way , I thought it was knitted?

It was rather funny, a apple needing a cozie. :lol

Archived