Granite Stitch

I wanted to try another stitch out of my Crochet Inspirations book so I tried a sc pattern called the Granite Stitch. It is basically sc, ch1, sc and on the return you sc in the space and ch1 over the sc, etc. It is actually a pretty stitch. I tried it out on a shawl that I needed to make. I'm using Homespun, which I hate but I already bought it! It created a pretty, if not on the heavey side, fabric, even with the Homespun. I need to add the fringe and I'll be done.

IMG_2217.jpg

I wonder, since it is such a heavy stitch, if it would work well with some very fine baby yarn for a warm afghan....

Whoa, I love this.

Someone thinks it is heavy and someone else (moi) thinks it is lighter.

I find that it is about half the weight of using all sc stitch because you omit one sc for every one you make.

I love this about crochet - that everyone gets to make choices that suit their needs.

and BTW, my cousins used to call me Bean too. So I am kinda fond or your name. :hug

Thanks everyone! The Homespun color was Dusty Rose or something of that nature. The stitch goes very fast, and I think it would be really pretty with baby yarn. The only thing is, because it makes a denser fabric it doesn't drape as well as I would like. I'll post the final picture once I get the fringe on.

Archived