Curious

I was curious to know if you can buy yarn at Wal-Mart? I don't get to go to Wal-Mart very often because I don't have one in my area, but I am going to my grandmothers house this weekend and she has one in her area... I need to get some yarn for a gift for a friend and I was curious if Wal-Mart does sell yarn, what types they sell?

-Stephanie

Well, most of my local Wal-Marts have Red Heart Super Saver, and some Super Saver Sport. Caron Simply Soft, Bernat Softee Chunky, Lion Wool-Ease, Bernat Baby yarn, a decent selection of cotton yarns, and cones....

Oh, and fun fur, to some degree. Now, I live in Massachusetts, and so in a 30 mile radius, I can hit a LOT of WalMarts, in lots of different kinds of areas. Each area has a different variety of yarns, and the amount of kinds vary, too.

Good Luck!

It depends on the wal-mart I have two about the same distance from me in different directions and one cut back their craft section so they sell mostly red heart super saver and caron simply soft. The other has a full craft department and carries an assortment of yarns from Red Heart, Caron, Bernat, Lion Brand, etc.

i agree depends on the walmart, i have 2 within equal distance and one has a fully stocked including material craft department , they have a large variety of yarn but then there is the other one who ONLY has red heart, i wish a fully stocked one for you:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

It seems like the common denominator in all Walmarts is the RedHeart yarn.

Mine also carries Caron SimplySoft.. but has clearanced out the SimplySoft Quick.

Bernat Softee.. yes, Bernat Haven.. clearanced.

Lionbrand Homespun.. yes, Lionbrand Woolease.. NEVER carried.

so on and so forth.

If you see something at the Walmart you're visiting that you like.. if you can afford to buy it.. do so. It might not be there when you go back.

I also have 2 somewhat nearby (20 miles and 50 miles) and one has a paltry section, the other one is a bit bigger. You should be able to find red heart, some lion brand, some bernat, but I wouldn't hold my breath on the selection. :( We have a giant Wal-Mart about 3 hours away and it's section is smaller than my smaller one nearby!! Go figure.

along with the others mentioned they have 2 of their own

peaches and cream cotton and mainstay yarns (variety of different ones)

Peaches n Creme is not a Walmart yarn.. P&C is made by Elmore-Pisgah. You can also purchase Peaches n Creme at the Elmore-pisgah website and at Annies Attic.

Mainstays is a Walmart brand.

Well, I've visited the Walmart yarn section, mine has an ok selection, but I thought it was expensive! Isn't that weird? I have never seen their yarn on sale, and most times I can get it on sale or I have coupons for Joann's and Michael's!

Archived