Winter 2007 Interweave Crochet Available...

hooked2

A FYI for those who buy "Interweave Crochet" or subscribe:

Yesterday, I sent a query to the Interweave folks because I received a note form the Knitting Daily newsletter that "Interweave Knits" was now available. My question: "Where is the Winter 2007 issue of "Interweave Crochet"!!

I received an answer today: "Hi Ann, the Winter 2007 issue of IW Crochet does not go on sale until December 11, 2007. Each magazine has a different on sale date. You should receive your Winter issue of Crochet at the beginning of December."

Thanks for the info. I'm excited to see that issues because Lisa (Etaria here) of Crochet Garden is supposed to have a pattern published in it. I'm really curious to see what gorgeous, creative thing she's come up with now.

Nadine,

Thanks for posting about the teaser! Just ambled over there - so many pretty, pretty projects! Doris Chan has a tunic in this issue too! Makes me glad that I have a subscription! Now, just hope it arrives when Interweave said that it would...

looking forward to the Antoinette Cardigan pattern, and that Schoolmarm Vest has possibilities if I made it a little longer,.....and my daughter would like that frosted plum pullover....hurry up December 11!

thank you for letting us know they had the projects up on the website. I just subscribed so really looking forward to getting the new issue. Just about all the patterns look great, and the articles too. I LOVE the cabled hat! Might actually be able to make Christmas gifts for teens now:lol I just think this magazine is great, so glad to see it is geting better with each issue!

• 2 weeks later...

Received my copy Monday. Had to call Customer Service though because it was damaged. Interweave is sending me a replacement copy (very nice rep on the phone, cordial and no hassle!)

BTW - the shawl on the cover is really beautiful! Gorgeous floral motifs.

I received my copy and think the patterns are great! People on a different list were saying how disappointed they were in the patterns:think I don't understand that even with the given that you can't please everyone with every pattern:P

I also really like the Stone Path pattern, and have started working on it (don't have enough yarn to finish it, nor the color i would want, but just working out the gauge etc) and it is enjoyable to do. I like the fact that it is small yarn and a smallish hook, it gives a really nice look. I may not ever actually make any of the other patterns, but I like the way they look.

I enjoyed the articles by D Ohrenstein about Irish crochet, Doris Chan's introduction to shaping, and Carol Ventura on tapestry. the article on bamboo, milk, soy etc yarns seemed a bit of a waste of space.

Overall, I like this issue a lot.

I was so excited to find this one a BAM~

there are so many patterns that I love!!!

Motif Web Shawl~so elegant!!!:dance

Infinity Wrap~Making this one for sure!!!:dreaming

Fuchsia & Blues Jacket~pretty!

Hot Cross Slouch Beret~cozy

Pure Poinsettia Tunic~:manyheart

Wild Rose Shawl~:clap:cheer:clap

Flowers for Eryn Wrap~:c9

Those are a few that just JUMPED off the pages at me!

I shared my copy at the office and we are now going to get a crochet group together to make the Infinity Wrap!

mgf~:yay

• 1 month later...

Archived