Fabulous Bags Hit New York!

NannDee

This is my 3rd original bag design. Most of them are inspired by stitches I learned while making various baby blankets. I ws encourage to take them to a designers Open Call at Bendels in NYC. The buyer liked them, but conveyed that they have problems selling bags that have little or no structure. I had 90 seconds to show my stuff. I saw some of our fellow crocheters in line as well. One Happy Hooker got her chance to take the fashion world by storm. Congratulations..whoever you are! She was wearing a gorgeous shrug! I am taking another chance next year...:yes:hook

To see other pictures of the bags and my trip[ to NYC..click on my blog link!

zoomer.fpgzoomer.fpgzoomer.fpg

Good for you! I'm glad you had such a positive experience, and learned what to work on for next time. Your bags look great! :applause

Your work is beautiful! How exciting for you. You'll get'em next year!

Maybe you can reinforce your lining itself with fusible interfacing. I'm sure that will give your bags much support. There are so many strengths of interfacing that you can try. Maybe even plastic canvas.

Best wishes.

Your work is beautiful! How exciting for you. You'll get'em next year!

Maybe you can reinforce your lining itself with fusible interfacing. I'm sure that will give your bags much support. There are so many strengths of interfacing that you can try. Maybe even plastic canvas.

Best wishes.

Thanks! I re-inforced the bottoms with plantic canvas. I think I will add leather the next time. I will get them next time!:yay

I love your bags! Have you thought of selling the pattern?

Thanks! I have thought of selling the pattern, but not sure how to go about it. I need to read up on it ASAP! I have three designs that I can submit.:clap

Your bags are really nice, they look like bags you would find in an expensive boutique. I'd buy one (if I could afford it! LOL). They look pretty structured to me. I'd be interested in buying the pattern if you ever decide to sell it. Congrats on pursuing your dream...keep at it!:cheer:cheer:cheer You are a talented designer. :yay

Archived