Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis is IN the blanket..." :lol

:lol :lol :lol

My MEs are on hold til I finish this cable ghan. Brother! I didn't think it was gonna take this long :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol

My MEs are on hold til I finish this cable ghan. Brother! I didn't think it was gonna take this long :lol :lol

I made something with cables many years ago - and it takes longer...and more yarn - than I'd thought at the time!

I made something with cables many years ago - and it takes longer...and more yarn - than I'd thought at the time!

Oh tell me about it. I'm seriously reconsidering it. This thing isn't even half done and it weighs a ton! And it's awful stiff even using the One Pounders. :sigh I just thought since it's for DHs coworker and they work for the cable company.....get it? :heehee Plus I like doing cables and arans but I can't find an aran pattern that didn't give me fits. They can be a bit challenging. Not something I want to do on a deadline :no

I finally got the pictures of my ME uploaded on my blog. You can check them out here. I like the quick throws. It is the one in the Autumn Colors in the throw pics. I got the yarn at Hobby Lobby, it's "I Love This Yarn" which to me is softer than Red Heart, but not quite as soft as Caron's Simply Soft. But I loved the colors, I love the Autumn Blend then I used a Chocolate brown and Burgendy. It only took two days to make, I worked on it for probably 6 hours. My kids and Hubby love it, too.:crocheting

Very nice, Jennifer. I, too, like the hats. Awesome. :clap

All my spare time is focused on Christmas presents still to finish. I'll get back to ME things after the holidays.

Here it is. Lots of pics, (including the dust under my PC desk,:lol). It is a navy blue but shows up lighter in pics. Not finished with sewing in the lining, so you can see some of the pins. Only did cables in the front, as I only had one skein and didn't want to run out of yarn. Accessories are key chain and cell phone (or ciggarette) pouch. They hang freely and can be hung in the front, back or inside the purse. The inner pocket also hangs free and is not attached to the purse lining. This way when things are in it, it will not cause stress on the lining, or cause the purse to appear bulging. I like the big handles because they can still be slipped onto my shoulder.

th_HPIM0628.jpg

th_HPIM0627.jpg

th_HPIM0626.jpg

th_HPIM0625.jpg

th_HPIM0624.jpg

th_HPIM0623.jpg

th_HPIM0622.jpg

th_HPIM0621.jpg

Very nice, love the accessories & the lining, too. I'm going to have to learn how to do cables, they look really nice. :clap:clap:clap

Archived