Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Judy are you going to do a zebra ripple as well. I have bright pink here that would look great with it. Might start it tomorrow.

Not yet...want to get a start on the purples wave ripple first. I have some variegated so I'll be putting the colors together as I go - like Ines has with her gorgeous ripple.

I love the lime with the zebra...hot pink, and red, too - but even I'm not wierd enough to combine all those colors:eek

Another one to put on my short WIM list.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aww my poor Tabby :hug :hug :hug Which blue in the Vanna's was it? I have almost an entire skein except for a few feet of the Dusky Blue left. Was that the one or was it the lighter one? If it's the Dusky Blue I'll send you the rest of this skein tomorrow :yes

Cara~It is the lighter blue one but thank you for trying to help. I think i'm going to just head to the LYS tonight & ask her to order it. It seems alot easier then trying to get to Joann's. :yes

Not yet...want to get a start on the purples wave ripple first. I have some variegated so I'll be putting the colors together as I go - like Ines has with her gorgeous ripple.

I love the lime with the zebra...hot pink, and red, too - but even I'm not wierd enough to combine all those colors:eek

Another one to put on my short WIM list.

You could always do a RR with Zebra, Hot Pink and Lime Green....alternate the pink and green bands...:idea

I may try that later on :lol:lol

OK Ladies..you all are a bad influence on me :lol:lol

I said I wouldn't start any more RR's until I got some done, but all the talk about hot pink and/or lime green with the zebra got to me. I have some lime green and hot pink (the lime green was handy so that is what I grabbed), so I just worked up 9 rows of a RR.

The flash washed it out a little, but you can get a pretty good idea what it will look like. I really like it :yes

th_TestLimeZebra1.jpg

clickable

I really like this!!

OK Judy, you really are a bad influence on me :lol:lol:lol :hug:hug

I grabbed the test Lime Zebra RR and added 2 rows of Hot Pink and 1 row of Zebra. Here is the "Test Lime Pink Zebra RR:

th_TestLimePinkZebra1.jpg

clickable

I just found my next ME RR :yes:yes

Mel all I can say is WOW. I love it. I have pink but not that bright a pink, unless I use my caron ss brites with it. Hmm now there is a thought. A ripple with all the brites colors I have.

I knew I'd like the zebra with the green and pink. I made my DD a RR with Lime Green, Hot Pink and White. We call it her 'Watermelon' RR. Here is a pic of that one.

th_HillysWatermelon1.jpg

clickable

Sorry I'm posting pics of stuff that isn't for ME, but thought I'd give all of you creative ladies a peak at a few things. Might give you ideas :D

Who'd of thunk it! I NEVER would have thought the 2 bright colors would look so great like that!! Is this with 1 strand of yarn and ...mabe an H hook?

Who'd of thunk it! I NEVER would have thought the 2 bright colors would look so great like that!! Is this with 1 strand of yarn and ...mabe an H hook?

It is one strand and I used a K Hook. Since this is a test, I figured a big hook would make it go a little faster ;)

For the watermelon I used a H Hook. I won't do that again. It took forever. But she wanted it a tighter stitch.

Hi to all. The ripples have multipled since I was on here!!! All so beautiful. Love LOVE the Watermelon one, Mel. I would really love that one for ME.

Yesterday was a productive day but alas not on crocheting. I built a set of shelves for my school reference books as I sometimes spend a lot of needless time searching for that book or this book . I make it sound as though I took a capentry course overnight. No, it was one of those pre-essemble jobs but it took me the part of an hour to get it together. I then filled it before I could blink.

This morning I am watching old movies and attempting to crochet. I have frogged one line 3 times. It happens to the best of us.:eek My crochet hook is also not behaving as the humidity is slowing down my progress:(.

I have 20 or so rows on my Wave and about half more of my Granny's Garden to go but I am about to give in to temptation and start a RR. I will probably make a baby theme one as my cousin who is in her mid-40s has had her first baby, a little girl, Nicole.

OK Judy, you really are a bad influence on me :lol:lol:lol :hug:hug

I grabbed the test Lime Zebra RR and added 2 rows of Hot Pink and 1 row of Zebra. Here is the "Test Lime Pink Zebra RR:

th_TestLimePinkZebra1.jpg

clickable

I just found my next ME RR :yes:yes

DD and I sure are glad to see our idea come to life!

DD and I sure are glad to see our idea come to life!

Thanks for posting about the lime green and hot pink. :hug

I'm glad I had the yarn here to work it up a little so everyone could see what the colors you mentioned looked like with the zebra.

I have put it away, because I really can't have anymore RR's going right now. Plus since it was a test, the back looks awful. I didn't cut any of the yarn so I can use the Zebra if I run short.

I have a few more colors I'm going to try using with the zebra after the holidays or when all the RR's are done, whichever comes first.

I knew I'd like the zebra with the green and pink. I made my DD a RR with Lime Green, Hot Pink and White. We call it her 'Watermelon' RR. Here is a pic of that one.

th_HillysWatermelon1.jpg

clickable

Sorry I'm posting pics of stuff that isn't for ME, but thought I'd give all of you creative ladies a peak at a few things. Might give you ideas :D

Love it!!! you are the Queen of RR's in my book.

Ines: That is a very pretty ripple, and the colors are really falling in place just as if you did plan it.

Thank you Carol. I am sooooo close to the end. This is when I fall off the fence and start another one:D

Wendy, Good morning. We have a weak Cyclone up north so the day here is wet and miserable. The humidity is incredible ... I do not like it at all.

Like you I started a RR this morning and it is not a stunner at the moment. I wanted to make it for a baby so I chose colours that I had at home and that I deemed to be suitable. At the moment it does not sing to me .... I will try and zing it a bit :think

Hi everyone, sorry I did not post a progress picture of my ripple ghan but I only did 6 more row since last week. It has been a difficult week for me for my husband's aide had an accident so I did not have anyone to help me take care of my paralized husband but me also I had my infant grandson to take care of during the day, therefore I was too tired to crochet. Everyones Me project is awesome and I especially like that zeba print, I never seen that in RHSS before. So that is what been happening in my life lately. Hugs to you all :hug

Thank you Carol. I am sooooo close to the end. This is when I fall off the fence and start another one:D

Oh noooo....It is coming out so pretty, you have to finish it.

You have to hang in there....

Hi everyone, sorry I did not post a progress picture of my ripple ghan but I only did 6 more row since last week. It has been a difficult week for me for my husband's aide had an accident so I did not have anyone to help me take care of my paralized husband but me also I had my infant grandson to take care of during the day, therefore I was too tired to crochet. Everyones Me project is awesome and I especially like that zeba print, I never seen that in RHSS before. So that is what been happening in my life lately. Hugs to you all :hug

Cheeria, prayers for strength are sent your way...

Get some rest, we will all be here when you are ready...

sorry that you've had a bad week. Hope next week is much better. Sending hugs.

Cheeria, I'm so sorry to hear about your difficult and exhausting week. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:hug

:yawn Ladies, it is time for me to call it a night. I have to be up at 3:30 AM. My work day starts at 5:00, and it takes me a while to get up and going in the morning. These old bones take a while to get moving.

Have a good night everyone, and keep the hooks flying!! :hook

:night

Archived