Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ines: All your projects look great. Of course I really have to mention how much I’m liking your ripple afghan too. :devil What kind of yarn are you using?

Tabby: Your afghan is really pretty. The cable pattern is pretty cool. I knit and love doing cables in knitting but I’ve never tried crochet cables. Great work. :clap

Mel: Great start. That’s a bunch to get done in one day. :cheer

Wendy: I think you deserve a break from all that whip stitching! I know that I have to switch the type of project I make to keep from feeling in a rut. That’s why I want to do a ripple next. The last few afghans I’ve made have been some from of granny. I just want something with no joining for a bit.

Cheeria: Nice start. :yay I like the way you’ve laid your colors out.

:jump-yay :woo

my sister received msg that my yarn arrived :clap

not all my yarn but now i can decide which one i`m gonna choose for the shawl yoo-hoo

i have an idea of a pattern the stich named (triple curve stich) i don`t know if you know it or it has another name

but there is a top made with this pattern it is beautiful :)

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/celia/celia.html

but with thick yarn i think it will be warm :)

Ashley and Athba, both of your projects look very nice. Can't wait to see them come into reality.

I'm on the last round of my RR. Almost done. Wheeeeeeee!!!

Morning ladies

Have no idea where to start, since I am so many pages behind on posts again.

Linda- i'm glad to see you, I was thinking about you this morning since I hadnt seen you on here in a day or so, I was hoping you weren't getting sick again .

Tab- love the ripple !

Ines- the colors in your afghan are so pretty ! Is it the Wave one or another ? They look similar .

Cherilynn- hope you soon get to start something all for YOU .

Wendy- the brites will make a beautiful ripple !

Ashley- hope you can get some of your yarn soon to start on your project.

Athba- have fun with your new yarn !

Donna, that tree skirt is going to be just gorgeous. Somehow I never pictured crochet as being right for a tree skirt, but it very clearly is just perfect for one.

Cindy I wasn't sure I would like it either. I thought about it for about a month before I decided to just go for it. Plus I really like the RR and I figure this is the perfect idea. I am thinking of making more too. I am thinking of all sorts of color patterns and combos with the red white and green. I think you can make tons and none would be the same. :yes

Here is a picture of the progress on my shawl. I started it last night and haven't worked on it today (yet).

th_MyShawl1.jpg

th_MYShawl1a.jpg

both clickable

Mel your shawl looks so pretty.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. But I think I am not as well as I thought. I checked email early today, but then felt weak and nearly slept the day away. I would probably still be sleeping if my son and his wife had not called to say they were stopping by for a while. After he left I had a little something to eat and decided to check in here.

I wish I could shake this thing, I keep hearing my ghan calling to me to finish it, but I just don't seem to have the umph to do it right now. Maybe I will pick up tomorrow, supposed to go to a pampered chef party with my daughter, if this cough ever quits.

Anyhow, I will be here when I can, lurking around, so have fun, don't work too hard (except on your ME projects, of course), and keep those pics a-comin'. I love to see all those beautiful blankies, ghans, shawls, tree skirts and totes. Those hats and scarves are great, the colors just pop.

The pics and good company are what makes coming here all worth while.

Carol, I really hope you start feeling better soon. Glad to hear your getting some rest.

Everyones projects are just amazing. The ripples that you are all making are beautiful.

I fear I have lost the urge to do my graphic granny, I dont know maybe its doing more squares or hexagons in this case and having to put them together is what has got me down with it.

Im now leaning more to a straight ripple, do you think the Caron SS brites would look ok in a straight ripple.

Wendy I think it would look great. I'm thinking of using regular Caron SS for a blended straight ripple:yes I think yours will look absolutely beautiful.

Hi everyone :cheer the progress, which isn't much, of my ripple afghan can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/12302824@N03/1939750819/

Cheeria, I really like your ripple ghan. That middle color is so pretty. Great work so far.

Athba - beautiful name. My daughter has a different kind of name and we are in the USA, Caspiana. Hope you have a great day.:manyheart

Ashley your daughters name is so pretty.

:jump-yay :woo

my sister received msg that my yarn arrived :clap

Athba, great news on your yarn getting there. Have fun with it.:hook

Morning Julie.

Owe by the way I figured what I will be making myself when I can save some MULA and get some skeins. http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/amberwaves.html But in each white I will be changing from dark pink, pink, to white in the center, brown as main color. Can't wait to get started.

Beautiful pattern...I posted it to the list on the first page here...along with the link to the random stripe generator!

Good morning ladies :flower

Mel - Sure hope your day goes better than it started :hug

Athba - Hooray for new yarn :jumpyay Have fun :hug

Linda - Can't wait to see your RR :hug

Got 13 rows done on my blanket yesterday. Think I'm getting close now. Dunno how much I'll get done today. Hands are very sore. But a row here and there is a row I didn't have before :hook

Have a good one y'all :manyheart

This weekend I have done little crocheting. I had an episode of cleaning mania. I really needed to have one! My daughter will be 16 this week so she had a sleepover party with some of her friends.

Today, Sunday, I have a pile of Senior students' papers to mark :(

April, I am making the Wave Ripple with an 8 ply acrylic yarn. It only comes in dyelot numbers so I cannot name the colours. It is the yarn I tend to use as it is readily available. I am using a 4mm crochet hook.

Julie, this is my Wave you see. I am still working on the Granny Garden.

Hi, Ashley - what are you up to today?

I'm cleaning the tops of things in my little sitting room....patterns and baskets and totes off the top of 2 giant dog crates (most, anyway;)). My desk is a mess...so is the top of the small china cabinet that is anything BUT that these days:lol

And Cara...even my nest needs to be pruned:eek

Amazing how things just pile up...

Well, checking a couple of other threads and then it's back to work...

Aftenoon Ladies,

I've been missing in action due to setting up Xmas at the store. Shorthanded with help. I've just gotten out of bed and I have to go pick up my niece. Haven't had a chance to catch up on the reading. However, I did want to reach out and touch. Will return later. I've missed you guys.

It's done! Something for me! This one is 30 rows instead of usual 26 rows. It's hanging over the sides of a queen-sized bed. As usual, Trouble couldn't miss out on a photo opportunity.

DCP_1250.jpg

Archived