Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

While I was at the Doc with my DD (yes, she has pink eye), I started to work on it. Well, that didn't last long, since I noticed 2 mistakes in the previous row. So I will be frogging a row of it later.

It's hard to mistake pink eye once you've seen it. It's a fall thing, so every fall you should watch out for it. School is just a breeding ground. I keep the drops so that I have it on hand to take care of the infection as soon as I notice it. The worse it gets, the longer it takes to get rid of it (well, I guess that is obvious).

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judy, the sock crochetalong is at the Yahoo group Crochet Socks. The hostess wrote the pattern we are using, and has taught it before, so hopefully I can get a sock that fits my fat hoofie.

:lol :lol It sounds like I'm not the only one around here with a "big" foundation :rofl I usually wear a size ten wide shoe and often buy an eleven to get the width. I have switched to buying men's runners since they are easier to fit and are wider. My runners are only a half size smaller than hubbies :eek But on the positive side I don't fall over easily and am very difficult to push over :devil:lol :lol

Well, it's the same on the other end. I have to have the world's smallest feet (size 5 or 5 1/2 and narrow) and it is such a PAIN to find shoes and socks that fit. They don't make women's sneakers in less than a 6 anymore in the major brands (the kind with arch support), so I have to go to either the cheap sneaks without support, or go to kids' shoes, which also have NO arch support (even the expensive ones!). As for socks - that's a little easier. I can buy boys' socks (girls run differently), otherwise the heel of the sock goes clear up to the middle of my ankle. I have considered making a pair of socks for myself just to see how they feel! I would knit them, though - and I'm not a good enough knitter yet.

I did decide on a pattern out of one of my books here. It is a ripple but a little different then just a plain ole one. It's from the book "A year of afghans 1997". It's called "rippling effects". It is a mixture of a ripple & cables, very pretty. Here's a picture of it. I found it on e-bay in a leaflet. Different book but same pattern by the same company. Anyways, you get the point. :Dhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Leisure-Arts-afgan-pattern-book-Rippling-Effects_W0QQitemZ140175192731QQihZ004QQcategoryZ146336QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Ohhhh Tabby i like the look of that one....that should be very pretty with the Vanna yarn.

It's hard to mistake pink eye once you've seen it. It's a fall thing, so every fall you should watch out for it. School is just a breeding ground. I keep the drops so that I have it on hand to take care of the infection as soon as I notice it. The worse it gets, the longer it takes to get rid of it (well, I guess that is obvious).

Yep, as soon as I got home from work today and saw her eye (she didn't have school today...teachers meetings day) I figured she had it. I was hoping that with all the hand washing she does that she wouldn't get it. It just goes to show you that anyone can get it at any age (she is 16).

Yep, as soon as I got home from work today and saw her eye (she didn't have school today...teachers meetings day) I figured she had it. I was hoping that with all the hand washing she does that she wouldn't get it. It just goes to show you that anyone can get it at any age (she is 16).

My hubby got it in his 30s... :no And he does all the hand washing and such too. Luckily I didn't get it when he did :yay

Ashley, I use the pattern for the baby RR on the first post of the Van Gogh CAL. I use a P hook and two strands of RHSS. I use 8 7oz skeins, usually in 4 different colors. I alternate two strands solid for 2 rows and then 2 rows of blended for a total of 26 rows (solid rows for the first and last pair of rows.) That yields a RR that covers the top of a queen size bed. I done them with as few as 2 colors and as many as 7 colors. 4 colors is my favorite and I go from light to dark and back to light, or vice versa. I can do one in about 4 - 5 days if that is all I'm working on. Here's a picture of one of the most recent ones I've done.

DCP_1226.jpg

Karen, what's really sad about my feet is they're a size 6...6 1/2 when I go up for width, but a WWW!

And since I broke my left ankle, it tends to swell and puff up when the mood strikes it.

I got about 1/4 of the ribbing done on the first sock and am so tired I can't see straight. Had to switch from the Bernat satin sport (too splitty) to my Knitpicks Shine Sport...very nice. But, I'm so sleepy I can't count to 15, so off to bed for me.

hmmm I'm so bad, I bought a pattern to make a hat for myself! And I haven't yet made one for me LOL I've made 6 or 7 of them for other people. But in the process I've found that It's not really want I wanted. So if I'm able to jump in and join ya guys I'd like to make a hat for myself, but I don't' know what to make. I've glimpsed over the books in some of the stores but nothing is striking my fancy. Anyone have any ideas? I don't' even know what it is that I'm looking for, talk about being indecisive huh

I also REALLY REALLY want to make a pair of socks... but no clue where to start with that one LOL

One more thing I just thought of... I've been looking for a pattern for htis as well, but I would like to make myself a purse/tote... maybe my hate and purse could match!!

Cheriylnn- I just recently made a ripple bag. You can see it if you go back to post #730. Here is the pattern. It isn't terribly hard. I just had a harder time since it was my first time to increase and decrease stitches. Good luck hope you find something that calls out to you. :hook

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/...ipple+Bags.htm

or check my blog

http://craftyashley.net/

Mel, all the RRs you have made are gorgeous. I love this blue and white one you are working on.

Linda, I agree the blend of your colours is nothing but spectacular.

Shaylen, are you planning the colours for your ripple wave of are you working it in random colours? I want mine to be a vintage look so I will add any colour I have near me withour having to dig through my bins of yarn. I have also decided to avoid too many bright colours this time.

If you ladies need any hints or inspiration for the blended RR - check out the Van Gogh CAL Linda mentioned. It's still out there!

Linda, TY again for the short tutorial. This is just the prettiest pattern to make:manyheart

Tab- pretty ripple, it'll look nice in the colors you have .

Karen- I liked your description of yourself and your feet . It reminded me of one of them old-fashioned baby toys that had the suction cup on the bottom, you could put it on a baby's high-chair tray and they could push on it, but it'd stay upright ?

( I'm really dating myself here, I bet most of you have no clue what I'm talking about .)

Cherilynn

Of course, you are welcome to jump in -the more the merrier. Good luck on your pattern search. I usually go to CPC to find patterns .

I'm sure your doctor told you, but quite often girls of this age share it when they share make-up.

Good morning everyone.

Welcome Cherilynn. Hope you find a purse you like. I just recently made this tote, which is pretty easy and turns out really nice. The pattern is in the first post in this link:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62995

and there are some pictures in the thread of bags made by others as well. There are also some pictures in the accessories show and tell forum.

Lots of hats here: http://patbythehook.blogdrive.com/

I also second Julies suggestion of CPC for patterns of all sorts. That's always where I look first.

Thought I'd post a picture of MY RR. Not much progress yet, but it is a 'fill in' project. I'm taking this with me to the Doc, since this is the smallest project I have going except for dishcloths.

th_MySwimmingPool1.jpg

clickable

Mel your RR is looking beautiful. I love the blue variegated.

I did decide on a pattern out of one of my books here. It is a ripple but a little different then just a plain ole one. It's from the book "A year of afghans 1997". It's called "rippling effects". It is a mixture of a ripple & cables, very pretty. Here's a picture of it. I found it on e-bay in a leaflet. Different book but same pattern by the same company. Anyways, you get the point. :Dhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Leisure-Arts-afgan-pattern-book-Rippling-Effects_W0QQitemZ140175192731QQihZ004QQcategoryZ146336QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Tabby that is going to look so pretty.:yes

Did you know that they are selling pink eye drops over the counter now? I thought that was neat. Especially for those of us who know what it is. Also Maddie always seemed to get it on a weekend when the clinic was closed.

I had pink eye once...as a new bank teller:eek

Learned my lesson about how filthy money REALLY is!

Oh Judy when I worked at a bank I learned that it is worse than I had thought. The owner of a certain type of night club did his banking at our bank. Boy did we hate being the teller to help him.:eek

Archived