Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Here is the progress on my Fall Tweed Rug. I haven't decided how big I am going to make it. When I stopped this in the early morning, I had just finished 1 skein of black, so I have 14 ounces or so in this so far (7 ounces each of black and variegated). Usually when I make rugs, I use white and a variegated, but after using black, I like it better....at least for this 'Fall' color I do :yes

th_Fall2StrandRug1a.jpg

clickable to see details

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of chilly moments, with no heat tonight and a low in the teens, I just figured how to keep warm...take off my estrogen patch and have hot flashes all night!

:rofl:rofl

Wendy: The Babette is great, I went through the 70's and just don't remember it. I remember alot of the granny and freeform stuff though, that is when I really got hooked on grannies. With 4 little ones running around, and 4 stepkids occasionally, that is about all the time I had, 1 square a day, :lol. I do have to say my fav is the wave, especially that color combo. and that star :2rock.

Mel: The black with the fall combo is really smooth. each color stands on it's own, yet they meld so nicely.

Judy, if I had a way to mail it I would, I have a big container left, and I think my eldest son told hubby to hold it til he gets here. He LOVES pea soup. I do too, but the funny thing is I hate peas. Go figure.... When I was growing up and grandma was making pea soup, it was my job to make the croutons. Anyone remember the old toaster (one of the first electric ones) where you opened the two sides and when one side of the toast was done, you opened the hinged sides so that the bread slid down on them and then closed it again to toast the other side. Took me half a day to make enough for everyone, :whew.

Got lots of yarn in mail today, sure blew my stash busting score. But I wouldn't part with a skein of it. Such great yarn. I rarely met a skein I didn't like....:lol.

OOOOps, don't want to forget, thanks for the compliments, I just wish I was faster to get more done, just worked on my list of want to do's and figured they should be called, Try to do's...:D

Great work Carol and Mel!! :clap:cheer

Mel are you sc'ing the rug? I need to make new rugs and I'm still debating about how to do them. The small rugs shouldn't be worrying me but in my brilliance (read: stupidity) I'm trying to figure out how to make a 10" x 12" rug for my living room. Can't find anything I like. But caring for it is my stumbling block :think Can't fit a rug that size in the washing machine :lol Hmm, may have to dust off my miserable weaving skills :P

MEl, the colors in your rug are really great.

Wendy, your blanket looks great, the tote is gorgeous and the Babette is too.

Carol, nice work.

Still plugging away at the baby round ripple here.

I don't know how the rest of you get so many things finished each week. I know I'm slow, but still, you'd think I would accomplish more!

Carol and Mel great work.:clap:clap

Cara if you make a rug for the floor do you put something underneath so it doesnt slip around. I know you wouldnt need to on carpet but if you were to make this to go on tile flooring.

Carol that is not weird that you like Pea Soup but not peas, my grandpa like tomatoes but didnt like tomato sauce. I myself love strawberry jam but dont like to eat strawberries.

Cara if you make a rug for the floor do you put something underneath so it doesnt slip around. I know you wouldnt need to on carpet but if you were to make this to go on tile flooring.

You can buy brush on non-slip stuff kinda like liquid latex at the hardware store or those anti-slip mats. I have hardwood and already have rugs. They have furniture on top of them to hold them in place which is easiest of all :D

Thanks for the kind words everyone :hug

Great work Carol and Mel!! :clap:cheer

Mel are you sc'ing the rug? I need to make new rugs and I'm still debating about how to do them. The small rugs shouldn't be worrying me but in my brilliance (read: stupidity) I'm trying to figure out how to make a 10" x 12" rug for my living room. Can't find anything I like. But caring for it is my stumbling block :think Can't fit a rug that size in the washing machine :lol Hmm, may have to dust off my miserable weaving skills :P

I am doing this rug in DC using my new Susan Bates Bamboo Handle Hook. It is a size L.

I have put my rug aside for a little while. I am finishing my DD's RR Rug. I have 2 rows left to do and I'm determined to get it done tonight.

Mel, your rug is gorgeous. I love the colors.

Wendy, I like your Babette better than the demo one on the Babette CAL. Much, much prettier.

I don't have a lot to show for this week. I have 2 blocks done for the Becky's Blocks afghan I'm making for me. Kim wants me to do another black one next.

DCP_1317.jpg

Linda, the red and black look great together!! I am SOOOO itching to make those blocks! That would be a good filler project for when I'm working on something that needs too much attention and I need a break...

Here's a pic of a hat I made for ME.

Wool Ease (Thick and Quick, I think:think) in Denim, adapring the Lion Brand pattern for a black beanie. My big head took perfectly to the man's size - as I thought it would:blush I added the brim.

th_HPIM0398.jpg

Thanks...I've tried making hats before and always felt like an imbecile when they didn't come out right. NOW I know I have to make it MAN's size for my Polish head:lol:lol:lol

That Wool Ease is so nice....:c9

Judy great hat, love the color.:hug

Thanks...it matches my bulky winter jacket...though the hat has more of a denim look to it.

Linda, the blocks look great!!

Judy, Love the hat! Great color too :yes

I just finished my DD's RR rug. Now I remember why it was a WIP for so long and I kept putting off finishing it. It is big and heavy. But it is done :whew

Now I can get back to my rug.

Thanks, Mel! Now you have me thinking of a rug for the patio door area - you haven;t lived till you see what muddy German shepherd can do to a carpet... They need to run outside, though - so...we take the little bit of bad with a whole lot of good:c9

Thanks, Mel! Now you have me thinking of a rug for the patio door area - you haven;t lived till you see what muddy German shepherd can do to a carpet... They need to run outside, though - so...we take the little bit of bad with a whole lot of good:c9

Years ago I had a white German Shepherd that was the size of a small horse. I know what kind of damage they can do with mud on their paws. I wish I had crocheted rugs back then, it sure would have saved me from having to constantly shampoo the carpet :yes

I have a few ends to weave in on her rug, then I'll take pics.

I know this RR RUG isn't specifically for me, but since it is for the apartment (and even though my DD claimed it), it is kinda mine.

The colors are not true, there wasn't enough light to capture the true colors, but you get the idea.

th_HillysBonBonRug1.jpg

click for details

Archived