Baby Angel Memory Ornament

Shellie

I hope I posted this in the right place! I made this for a friend that lost her baby girl at eight months gestation just a couple of weeks ago. Its for her Christmas tree. Anyway, I don't like it! I can't figure out what is wrong with it and I hoped maybe you guys could look at it and see what's bugging me. Obviously you aren't in my head but maybe the same thing is bugging you. lol

th_100_5783.jpg

th_100_5780.jpg

I'd make the head more round and slightly smaller, and I agree on the wings being larger.

For a skirt, maybe get some bridal gauze and a pretty ribbon and make a simple skirt out of that for a very angel-y look?

CPC has a few very nice baby doll patterns for free that could give you some ideas for the head.

Wow, all these replies and I didn't get even one of them. I finally figured out that the head is too big. I like the wings because she wasn't quite ready yet so the thought behind them is her wings are a bit immature too. I'll think about a skirt but I have about decided just to leave her alone before I ruin her! Sometimes I am just too picky. Thanks for all the help!

I'll post pics of other completed works too-I made her four year old son a dinosaur to cuddle. And I finished the infant's layette at her mother's request. Would anyone like to see them?

• 11 months later...

Archived