I am going through stash withdrawl!

I am house/cat sitting and my stash is of course at home. My feet got cold today and I forgot to bring socks with me. So I thought well I will just whip up a pair but no guess who forgot to bring sock yarn with her? Yup me. I only had the round ripple that I was working on (now frogged and started over) and some Caron SS in dark sage. The nearest craft place is well over twenty miles away. I will have to go home soon to visit my stash oh and my family!:lol

Don't you just hate it when you forget things at home? My traveling bag for crochet is more like a carry on bag than a simple craft bag. I usually have at least two to three projects with me, plus enough yarn, hooks, etc. that I could stay away for weeks.

I even take that with when I occasionally babysit across the street.:lol

I just never know what I may need after the kids go to bed.

:manyheart

Oh, how awful!

One time, at my sister's house, I thought I was all set. I got out my yarn, my project, and ... where was my hook? I quietly put it all away, but after a while, I blurted out in desperation "Do you know where your hooks are?"

"Well, not off the top of my head, but they're here somewhere" my sister said. We looked and looked for an hour until we found those hooks. Did I look that desperate? Wow!

Real Deal

Oh, how awful!

One time, at my sister's house, I thought I was all set. I got out my yarn, my project, and ... where was my hook? I quietly put it all away, but after a while, I blurted out in desperation "Do you know where your hooks are?"

"Well, not off the top of my head, but they're here somewhere" my sister said. We looked and looked for an hour until we found those hooks. Did I look that desperate? Wow!

Real Deal

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Last night I got out all the blue I had in my stash to use in what would look good with this other yarn I am using. Don't want the bright blues. Denim Heather is nice but I need a just a bit tad lighter shade......so I didn't crochet. My husband is like why aren't you crocheting. I said I can't any more till we go to wal-mart and see what blues they have. so I sat, then thought ummm theres that back burner project sitting in a ready bag.........so went and got it and working on it now. Its a mile-a-minute...

I'm one of these people its hard to watch tv and do not crochet... I have to be busy with my hands wheather its crochet, fiddling with yarn, embroidery, or other crafting.

So funny! I can't stand to watch tv for long without a project or two to choose from either! And losing a hook is unthinkable, I've got a spare set, just because I tend to leave hooks with their WIPs so when I start a new project and need the same size, I'll have one handy. ;)

Well I went home to mow the lawn and loaded up on yarn as well. Plenty of worsted weight as well as sock yarn. I have my bimonthly knit/crochet group on Wednesday night so of course I needed stuff for that as well! Now of course my feet aren't cold anymore but I will still make some more socks anyway

Well, I'm new to the group, but we definitely have a lot of things in commom. My family doesn't know what to do with me when I'm suffering from withdrawal. I usually have 2-3 different projects going on, and thought I was just terrible for starting on one without finishing another.:eek Thanks to this group, I know I'm not alone!! I also can not watch T.V. without working on a project at the same time. Thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only one doing this!!:clap

Archived