October Charity Square-A-Long (October 12th-15th)

LavenderBear

Hello! I wasn't able to get online last night to post my square total for yesterday, but I was able to make 7 more 8" squares, which gives me a total of 25 so far! I have a few things to do today, but I will be sitting down tonight to work on some more then! :yay

WTG on all of the squares we've gotten done so far!! As for how to do your counts, either choose to count the total squares made or total items made with your squares! That way we won't come up with duplicates using the same squares! :manyheart

Keep on crocheting those squares, everyone!!! :cheer

WTG, everyone!!! :clap

Today I was able to make 9 squares, and I just pieced them together for a center of a future Hospice lapghan! So that's 41 squares for me so far! If all goes well, I will make another 9 squares tomorrow, which will give me a total of 50 for this round! :hook

Keep up the GREAT work and keep on hooking!! :hug

50!? Wow! I just finished the last of my 48 squares I need for my charity afghan. I finished my skein with about 1/2 a round left on my last square. Luckily, I found a scrap in the closet and had about 4 yards left. Now, the part I hate, weaving in the ends. I guess there's still a lot of work left in it since I have to do a round of the border color around all 48 squares which means 96 more ends to weave. Yuck!

I got 3 Friday, 5 Saturday and 11 today for a total of 19. That's probably going to be it for this time. I don't really have another square project in mind.

Do any of you squarers(?) have any better ways of connecting squares than doing at least one round of the border color? Is there a way to just continuously stitch them together? I have 2 styles in 2 colors (Linen and Dark Sage). I want to use Claret for the border and in between squares. Any ideas?

thanks

10 -- 5" scrap squares

9 -- 2 1/2" red and green made and joined

___

19 -- from sunday

36 -- from Friday

33 -- from Saturday

___

88 total so far

I had a busy afternoon so did not get as many done as I thought I would. I'll have more time today the kids are in school and it is cold and damp so I'm snuggling down in my chair.. and there are 2 ballgames tonight!!!

Well I didn't do very well Saturday. I got a square started that when I finished it today it was about 14 inches. I got 3 more 7 inchers done today so my total for the weekend is 1 14 inch and 8 7 inchers. I ended up having a pretty busy weekend :)

9 -- 2 1/2 " red and green made and joined (72)

10 -- scrap squares (34)

6 -- baby varigated and pale green 5 " ( 6) (plus 1 8")

___

25 -- Monday

19 -- Sunday

33 -- Saturday

36 -- Friday

___

113-- total for challange

Super Granny!

How on earth were you able to do 113 squares in 4 days? Not that I don't believe you, but I'd like to see some proof. How about a photo of all those squares? I bet it will be something to behold and be in awe about.

What do you say?

Hello, everyone! :manyheart I am still waiting for a few of you to give us your totals so I can do a GRAND TOTAL for this round! I didn't make more squares on Sunday, so my total is 41 for this round! And those, along with the ones from the October Square-A-Day CAL, have all been pieced together to make three Hospice lapghans! :yay

If you haven't posted your totals, please do so ASAP so I can tally up all of the squares made! Thanks! :hug

I would love to send photo but do not own a digital camera... I took pictures on my regular camera and as soon as the film is done and developed I will post pictures probably by next challenge..

I have all day to crochet ...I have heart problems and am disabled. (actually my heart functions at 35%.. )crocheting is about the only thing I can do that makes me feel worthwhile. My oldest daughter does most of the work around here. I crochet and watch my grandgirls 10 and 4...

Okay, here are our totals according to what has been posted, and in no particular order . . .

Super_Granny - 113

pineknott - 25

danijoy - 8

KellyA - 8

hseger - 9

stillwjo - 19

tezen - 69

HappyOldCro - 10

Breger3 - 16

LavenderBear - 41

And our GRAND TOTAL for this round is . . .

318 SQUARES MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG, TEAM!!!!!! :cheer:yarn:cheer

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in and feeling much better than last month. Have a Pampered Chef party to go to on the 11th, (promised my girlfriend I would be there with my daughter) but will be here the other days.

Archived