Doll Dress

lacy lucy

barbiedress.jpg

I've made doll clothes in thread before, but found it way too time consuming. This is my first attempt with yarn and I should say it was a lot more fun.

I made this for my dotties doll. she wasn't exactly doing cartwheels when I showed her the finished dress, but she hasn't let go of the doll for some time now.

The dress worked up very quickly and I'm so very tempted to make all the lovely patterns I've been seeing all over the place.

lucy

Very pretty, very classic. Following a pattern or your own idea? Note to Tampa Doll...sock yarn works really well for Barbie and the colors and self-patterning choices are many.

Very pretty. I never tired making a Barbie Dress in yarn. What did you use sport weight or finguring weight?:hook

:lol

until very recently there was only one type of "yarn" in these parts and that was "knitting yarn" 100% cotton. so thats the one ive used. no fingering or sport weight yarn here - makes choice that much easier i guess :D of late ive seen some acrylic yarn tho , but thats just abt it. :)

This is great. :clap

I love Doll's Clothes of all sorts as I have a lot of nieces to make them for.:hug:hug:hug

I have done a lot of Cabbage Patch Kids, Barbie and Dora.

The thread that I use in Australia is the knitting cotton that we use to crochet around face washers.

• 4 months later...

Archived