Fuzzy blue stole/scarf

newthingcrochet

I picked up 3 skeins of RH Symphony at Hobby Lobby when they had it for $.99 and here's what I came up with. It's supposed to be for my MIL for Christmas, but I like it very much so it might be for me. I have enough to make a slightly smaller one so since she is a few inches shorter than me maybe I will make a smaller one for her, or my other thought is to make a shorter one for me and sew up the sides to make it into a shrug. The yarn was quite awful to work with, almost impossible to frog but I love it now that it's done!

th_tmpphpyNhQdr.jpg

th_tmpphpcL5E3I.jpg

th_tmpphpMQigsp.jpg

Oooh so pretty. I see why you want to keep it! I have a bit of RH Symphony but wasn't sure how it would look as a "finished product" Now I know, so pretty and I'll have to use it soon. Thanks for sharing.:clap

Very nice! :clap And I'm so glad that you shared your experience of working with Symphony. I received a couple of skeins as a gift last year and just recently decided to purchase more skeins to add to those for a coat pattern that I've had my eye on. Tha pattern calls for La Gran Mohair (lots of it!) and even the best deal I found on it was out of my price range. I did a small swatch of the coat pattern stitch with Symphony and am very excited to work with it, but now I also know what to watch out for. Thanks so much for sharing! :yay

Be sure and count stitches constantly since frogging it is so hard. And if you do have to frog, I found that holding on to the top of the row you are frogging and pulling the yarn gently down toward your work instead of away from it was the best way.

Very nice! :clap And I'm so glad that you shared your experience of working with Symphony. I received a couple of skeins as a gift last year and just recently decided to purchase more skeins to add to those for a coat pattern that I've had my eye on. Tha pattern calls for La Gran Mohair (lots of it!) and even the best deal I found on it was out of my price range. I did a small swatch of the coat pattern stitch with Symphony and am very excited to work with it, but now I also know what to watch out for. Thanks so much for sharing! :yay

Archived