My first adaptation

Nilliem

This is the Red Heart Diamond Trellis pattern off the skein wrapper. I just couldn't see wanting this as a whole afghan for us, so I just played with the math for a smaller version. I'm putting in a few pics for different angles.931723087_de29f18f7b_m.jpg

This is just for a close view of the pattern.

932578276_d54e46032e_m.jpg

These are the different yarns I used. The ribbon is Incredible by Lion in Copper Penny, the rust is by Caron in SS, I think its Autumn Red? The cotton thread is DMC in ecru.

1189257580_8d8e966bf6.jpg

This is the pot that made me want to get silk flowers, and when it coordinated with the runner...I was just giddy!

1188390523_f67c57acd0_m.jpg

This is the fringe, about 6" long.

Ok, I guess I'm pretty happy with this one, hee.

Thanks for all the compliments! It took me a while to adapt this, and it is nice that crochters like it. My family just gives me the 'look' when I ask, hehe.

Donna - I love working with multiple strands, now that I've done it a few times. I have such fun seeing what goes with what, and I'm a fan of unusual color combos. Its easy if you aren't working with a really bulky yarn; those three are about as thick as a really bulky wool. Just a slicker texture, heh.

Archived