Great crochet pattern

I followed this link on crochetme and found the prettiest pattern...the only thing is that you have to be experienced and I am not sure I could do the pattern, but, oh, is it pretty.........

http://www.stitchdiva.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SDS-005

:drool

what do you think??!! someone want to make it for me?? :eek:rofl

Jessi... I think you should jump in and try it!.. their patterns are easy to follow and well written .. and they offer help if you need it..

then if you cant work it thru.. I might be willing to help you out !

every one has their own system of rating patterns.. some I have run across say easy.. but arent.. some say difficult but arent.. some are dead on.. you will never know if you dont try.. I say GO FOR IT!

I just started making this jacket....bought the pattern at AC Moore yesterday and it is moving along nicely....their patterns are really really well constructed and I am not a "professional"...in fact just recently picked up crochet again....was surprised that I remembered!

GO FOR IT!

Well, you all talked me into it!!!!! I got the pattern today...now to choose the yarn. I will probably be yelling out for help soon :eek ...lol....I haven't had a chance to look through the pattern....I can't get past the pretty picture...:rofl

I will have to go looking for yarn and let you all know how it comes long :hook

Thanks everyone for the encouragement :hug ....

I just finished making that jacket, let me know if you have any questions-I could try to help out. The pattern is very well written. The hardest part for me was the blocking.

I loved how it turned out. I want to post a pic of it but need to research how to do it first!

Oh, I can't wait for the pic! What yarn did you use?...If you have a blog you can put the pic there and link us to it, or you can also link us to a photo album like yahoo if you have one...I still haven't figured out how to post pics here...it never works for me:think

Oh, I can't wait for the pic! What yarn did you use?...If you have a blog you can put the pic there and link us to it, or you can also link us to a photo album like yahoo if you have one...I still haven't figured out how to post pics here...it never works for me:think

I used the yarn called for in the pattern, Filatura di Crosa Brilla. It is a very nice yarn. The only thing I would do differently is use the next larger hook-I am a tight crocheter and I had to really stretch it when I was blocking.

I don't have a blog-or a photo album-sigh. But I have a digital camera so my mission is to make some time to get this figured out. It came out pretty nice, if I do say so myself. :blush

try photobucket.com its free, its easy and best of all, it will provide you with a link to the photo to post here, even if you can't get the photo posting thing down!!

Oh, please let me posted on how it goes! I've been seriously coveting that pattern (even more than the ballet wrap, 3olive :eek ) for a long while, but I'm still skittish. Plus, hubster might leave me if I buy MORE yarn...just kidding, but he is a little exasperated with my obsession right about now.

Oh I will keep you all posted. I can't wait to start but I don't have the yarn. They yarn they used is $65 a bag...:eek ...now, dh would...I don't even want to think of it. At least, that is the cheapest I have found so far. So I need to find a substitute for it. I am not sure what to use, really. I wonder about TLC Amore or the Plush....any suggestions?

DH is already going nuts:confused :loco with my addiction. He doesn't understand the need to buy more yarn for different projects, why not just use up my stash? Well, I may not have the right kind of yarn, or the right color....you all understand....you're the only ones who do!!!!!

Oh, and what is this ballet wrap? Do tell...I think I remember you posting about it...

You could use any sport weight yarn that will give you the gauge stated in the pattern. I know that yarn is expensive. But I justified it in my mind that it was a special pattern and I wanted a special garment. It was a treat to myself. The pattern of the jacket is so nice I would choose a smooth yarn, not anything fuzzy. But of course individual choice makes it unique!

Oh, I plan on buying that yarn for me too...:devil ...hehe...just can't right now. I have to start working again. I don't think it will hurt to have 2 of the jackets..:lol I can't blame you for getting it, it looks so pretty. There are some great colors.

Congratulations, be looking forward to pictures!:clap

Well, you all talked me into it!!!!! I got the pattern today...now to choose the yarn. I will probably be yelling out for help soon :eek ...lol....I haven't had a chance to look through the pattern....I can't get past the pretty picture...:rofl

I will have to go looking for yarn and let you all know how it comes long :hook

Thanks everyone for the encouragement :hug ....

I guess that's not too bad; I was thinking it was one of those $30/skein yarns. :eek I've only found one place to buy online though. Maybe I'll break down and go for it. I showed the picture to my husband last night and he liked it too. :)

No, it isn't too bad. I found a place that sells them for $65 a bag, and there are 10 skeins in the bag, so that is enough for the jacket. I will try to find the link in case you need it. I may end up waiting to make it until I get the $ for the yarn, because it is only about $15 or $20 more than "regular" (what is in the craft stores) yarn once you add in the shipping. I have planty of other patterns to keep me busy until then...lol.

I made that one last year too - let me know if you have any questions! :hook I have a pic on my blog in my photo album of finished projects - right hand column.

Enjoy - it's really fun to make & goes pretty fast once you get the hang of the lace pattern. :clap

Bron

Archived