Lion Brand's Car Coat

I think it's pretty new, but could be wrong, I don't go to the Lion Brand site often. I just saw it in the new newsletter and then remembered your post.

I thin it would be pretty easy.

It's the same stitch as the Bluesy Poncho (link to CAL) and that was real easy and fast.

I would like to know if anyone has tried it or is starting it.

Debbi

This is pretty similar to the open mesh coat from FC easy crochet, spring (I think) I made one and loved it so much I have two more in the works. I love the longer length and the no buttons. The one I made was with ww not bulky but it worked up really fast.

I love this car coat too. I just printed the pattern so I can make it when I get a chance. I love coats and sweaters with no buttons or zippers. I hope the pattern is as easy as it says it is.

I think it's lovely, and I'm so glad that they are finally making plus sizes available. It's frustrating to see a beautiful pattern that is too small!! LOL I plan on making this, but probably not until next year sometime. Too many irons in the fire! :lol Finishing up a baby hearts afghan, then 2 flannel-ghans plus a cross stitch picture. The baby ghan for November, the rest for Christmas.

Does anyone else think that the model has the deer caught in the headlights look? Or maybe it is just me. I have only tried a couple of Lion Brand patterns they have been fairly easy.

I printed this one out as well. It looks very flattering and really easy. I've got a couple of projects that I've got deadlines to finish first, but I'm going to make the coat soon. I plan on using double strands of WW yarn in place of the super bulky. I might have to get a little flexible with hook sizing to make guage, but I've got a ton of WW in my preferred colors that I've been wanting to make something to wear with.

That is really pretty.....I think you can use two ( or maybe 3) strands of worsted weight to approxamate "thick and quick". I am sure you all have some worsted weight around to make up a swatch and see if it works!:hook

I really like the look of that coat. The only thing I'm worried about is bulkiness. My personal opinion is that if you're not careful when crocheting a sweater for an adult the crocheted item can feel bulky. I'm thinking that thick n' quick might just be too thick. Of course, they included schematics with the pattern so I suppose if (!) I could get my brain to work enough I could figure out the pattern using a lighter weight yarn. Right now I'm working on figuring out the seraphina shawl pattern. Thats about all my poor little brain can take right now. But afterwards . . . who knows.

Archived