63 Cable Stitches CAL

mommy2jj3604

Ok I was going to put this off for a while but I decided to make this into a blanket for my hubby for christmas and thought why not start a CAL for support and some :cheer

I am making mine in black burgundy and deft blue RHSS and I am doubling the squares to be 12" without edging and about 14" with the edging....I'll let you know how that works out for me :lol

So jump right in if you want to do the CAL with me...BTW it is a Leisure Arts book and it's called 63 crochet cable stitches :lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have it, and will be making some of the squares to go in my 63 ghan. It's mostly from the original 63, but some 63 more and a couple for 63 cable I think. Since it's for me, it gets put aside when I've got other people to crochet for, so it's taking a long time to finish.

Kathy-Nice of you to join me :clap I was going to wait to start this for myself after christmas but then decided I wanted to make it for hubby because he said he liked cables so here I am. Can't wait to see pictures of your squares (all of them).

I would like to join in more as a lurker/participant. I have the book and want to make the squares but I don't plan to make an afghan with them.

This should be neat to have others to help with the challenging ones.

Thanks for starting this one. :hug

Darski-Welcome!! What are you going to make with them if not an afghan? Where have you been? I have missed you.

I hope more people will join in but oh well....Your welcome btw.

I will probably end up with a bunch of pet snuggles.

I want to learn the techniques so that I can use (some of) them for an Aran Sweater at some point.

I took some time off. I needed to just get away and do something different in my life. I tried drinking coffee every day and not coming to the Ville. Just needed a shake-up. BTW the coffee was a bust... my tummy was not happy :angry:no

Oh Jenni. LOL Of course I'm in. I don't know when I'm going to start this one. Hmmm... I'll try to get the yarn for this one next month in October. LOL This month I'm getting yarn for a PS. OH I think I may be crazy to add another WIP to my list :lol

LOL I knew you couldn't stay away form this one Donna!! Don't worry I will most likely do another one for myself so I will prolly be here for a while!!!

Darski-Well I am glad to see you back no matter what the reasons for getting away :hug

I have other books, but not cable 63 stitches. Do anyone have any idea where I can get the book ? All three are on my WIMs list. :P

I will lurk on this thread and cheer anyone up if it's needed. :yes

I actually got the kit from Herrschners as a Christmas present last year, so I'm assuming you could get the book from them. Also, I bet Michaels, AC Moore, or JoAnns might have it. I've seen it in my Mary Maxim catalogue, too.

Diane-I got mine at AC Moore and I have the 63 pattern stitches that I belive I got at Michaels. I don't know if that helps any or not but you could also check amazon for it.

Pam-Seens how you have done this maybe if there are any issues we can ask you? If you don't mind :blush

Well this is interesting... I have to go see where I am currently storing my actual copy of the book.

it is most certainly not lost :eek ... it's just, um, er, ah, locationally challenged at the moment... yeah that's the ticket!

Count me in...I'm gonna make these with my scrap yarn when I get bored working on my other projects. I was just thinking about this book today and also trying to figure what to do with my scraps. Perfect timing.

ohh

i love this afghan but didn`t thought of when i`m gonna do it

i thought of surf and turf for the yarn but i didn`t order it

i`m pregnant and so tired to crochet

maybe someday :)

congratulations Athba. That is wonderful news. Guess you will be busy crocheting "little things" for a while.

Now you have to do a BICO :rofl

Archived