Granny ripple girly blankie!

chrisdfriend

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just viewed this todai, yesterdai was a busy dai out about and went to a surprise b-dai for me.. (yesterdai was my b-dai)

this is a very pretty blanket. like the colors.

jaye

I was admiring this blanket, and even though I don't usually crochet baby items, I clicked on the link to take a look at the pattern.

When I saw the pattern picture, I did a double-take. I HAVE that blanket--just like the one in the picture. Someone gave it to me when I had my first baby 17 years ago this month! I went and fished it out of the cupboard, just to be sure it was really the same--yep--after 4 kids, it's still going strong. My 3yo appropriated it when when she saw it, and spread it on the floor for an impromptu "picnic."

I never would have recognized the blanket in this thread as the same pattern--it's great original use of color! If only I could remember exactly which one of my mom's cousins gave this to me...

• 10 months later...
LOVE the colors

does anyone know where to find this pattern now - I realize it is an old post but curious if there was a new link somewhere.

The pattern is called "the rainbow set" and is available from Leisure Arts. I just purchased it a couple of weeks ago.

http://leisureartslibrary.com/cart/pc/showsearchresults.asp?pageStyle=H&resultCnt=10&keyword=rainbow+set

:hug Pattern is available here!

I must not be seeing too well Christal :lol. I didn't even seen your response so I posted the site address since I knew it because I had just bought it. Then when I posted it I saw your had already answered it. Good grief, old age is slipping in fast. :yes

I must not be seeing too well Christal :lol. I didn't even seen your response so I posted the site address since I knew it because I had just bought it. Then when I posted it I saw your had already answered it. Good grief, old age is slipping in fast. :yes

:hug Don't feel bad, I have old-timers disease too and I'm not that old! LOL

I made that outfit for my boss's fifth child more than 20 years ago!!!! I loved the pattern back then. Love it still and I was JUST recently thinking about it - wondering what ever happened to my pattern booklet. I LOVE the way your blanket turned out. Your color choices are so pretty and a fresh update to the original.

Irene

Archived