Here's a golden opportunity for crochetdom

Thanx for the inspiration Jimbo - I started my own blog just to promote Crochet Day. Ok - well, not just to promote it but that is my first post.

i'm actually going to try to break into the designing world. check it out

Inspired Crochet Design

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you! I had one of my senior moments and just couldn't remember!

Why are they called "senior" moments anyway?! I am, by no means a senior (27yrs), but I get those moments a lot! :think

Can't wait to see what life brings for me in the future! :blush

Why are they called "senior" moments anyway?! I am, by no means a senior (27yrs), but I get those moments a lot! :think

I'm not a hundred percent sure, but it probably has to do with the deterioration of the mind and other organs as one gets older. In truth, it's just an excuse for when we forget things. There's no reason in the world why you can't use the expression as well! Of course you'll get some strange looks, but ....

I'm not a hundred percent sure, but it probably has to do with the deterioration of the mind and other organs as one gets older. In truth, it's just an excuse for when we forget things. There's no reason in the world why you can't use the expression as well! Of course you'll get some strange looks, but ....

My mother always used the term "brain farts" LOL :lol So that is what I tend to use as well! :D

Actually the brain does physically shrink. At least that's what a doctor told me when my dad had a stroke and an anorism (sp?). They said we could wait because now that he was older there was more room, if he had been 15, they would have operated right away. We did wait and it shurnk enough for him to function properly. [by the way, my dad is so much better today and totally independant.]

Debbi

Wow!! We have a good number of folks blogging about the date, and lots of others announcing the date at meetings. We're almost there!!!

ok we ARE there cause who knows how many it takes to get a holiday declared. Personally i think one's enough.

Do we have a cartoonist who can make up a little nekkid sheep logo? (up at the crick its "nekkid"..... "naked" is for the more refined.

Here's what I came up with:

Victimofcrochet.jpg

. . .[by the way, my dad is so much better today and totally independant.]

Debbi

I am glad to hear that he is doing well!

These re great ideas!

Here's what I came up with:

Victimofcrochet.jpg

Can't wait to try this one out!

I couldn't resist trying out a naked sheep. Here's my contribution towards Crochet Day.

th_DSCF5193.jpg

It'll be a free pattern on my blog along with an announcement about Sept 12 being Crochet Day!

My mother always used the term "brain farts" LOL :lol So that is what I tend to use as well!

Yup, love that expression as well. But I had a senior moment and didn't remember it.:D

Everyone is so talented here! I love the "victim" graphic and the nekkid sheep! You should place his arms so he's trying to hide his body!:P

P.S. What IS the name of those white jackets that tie in the back? (It's been a while since I had to wear one....:P )

Well as others have mentioned the official name is a straight jacket, but my favorite name is the "I love me" jacket! LOL

Do we have a cartoonist who can make up a little nekkid sheep logo? (up at the crick its "nekkid"..... "naked" is for the more refined.

'Round our house it's "nakey" ... what can I say I have 4 kids!!

Thanks for the sheep pattern! I'm thinking to match the graphic I might do a brown potato bag over him... or not... haven't decided, but he is so cute. Thanks for making/designing him and sharing the pattern!

Debbi

That would be cute! It should be too hard. 2 rectangles of sc, attached over the shoulders and on the sides?

That would be cute! It should be too hard. 2 rectangles of sc attached over the shoulders and on the sides?

Something like that. Not sure yet.

Or even 2 squares and then either tie or add 2 sc strings or even just ch strings to tie together... Or even sew the square together leaving opening for head and arms. Of course the graphic shows it tied at the top... so maybe the top open and tie over the arms on the shoulders some how...

That's some nekkid sheep you got there Eebrs! Love it! And as to the burlap bag.. cool idea too. I'm wondering if a barrel might also be possible..

Incredible!!

And with just a few days left till International Crochet Day!!

Thanks!!!

And thanks, Everybody, for putting posts in your blogs! I'd bet we're in the thousands by now.

I'm seeing more countries getting in the mix too. Thats soooo important. Twouldn't be much of an International Crochet Day without the " International" part eh?..

Jimbo

Archived