My name is Kate and I am a yarnaholic...

Even though I have plenty of yarn in my stash I could not resist buying more today. I bought one skein of Modea ticker tape in the sunset color(I did have a coupon for 40 percent off!) I am using that to put my tulip bag together. I am making the tulip bag from Hooked Bags. I got a really good deal on ticker tape in Ithaca NY when I was there. Each skein was only 97 cents. The color reminds me of earthworms but it works up really nice and it is very soft. I wanted a contrast for the joining so that is why I bought the sunset. Then I went to Michael's and bought some of the new Paton SWS colors two skeins of natural crimson and one each of natural indigo and natural raisin which is actually a purple. Since when are raisins purple? I also bought some fimo and a pasta machine to soften it with. I am going to make fatter handles for my metal hooks with the fimo. I have found that the fatter the hook the longer I can crochet. I have fybromyalgia(sp) can't spell it but I can finally pronounce it! I still have three skeins of wool that I bought at The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival in May and no idea what they will finally turn out to be! So any other yarnaholics out there?:hook

:hook Welcome from another Arizonan. If your looking for a cure you have definately come to the wrong place! In fact if you dont have ayarn addiction you will after being on this site. Oh and a hook, pattern, and design addiction too. LOL

Believe these folks when they say that your addiction will get worse here! Today I just got a big box of yarn I bought at an online auction. Had to hurry up and hide it before hubby got home. You know you have a problem when you have to hide the yarn before anyone sees it! LOL!

yup i saw a pattern today that i covet and of course in my mountain of yarn i have nothing that will work with it, so i must go and purchase new yarn. lol

I don't work with yarn; thread is my material of choice and I have a long favorites list of thread suppliers.

The best way to deal with materials acquisition syndrome is to find more sources for the materials.

Here's a wave from a Yarnaholic in Gettysburg, PA! :cheer I also went to the MD Sheep & Wool Festival but only bought 2 skeins of yarn and have wished ever since that I had bought more...:blush I have three baskets of sale yarn, 1 basket of expensive yarn and have more yarn coming that I got great deals on that I bought on Ebay.:yes Fortunately for me, hubby and son are happy that I am happy and don't say anything about my new addiction!:hook

Kim

Archived