Stardust Movie

Go see this movie! :)

It is like Hocus Pocus meets The Princess Bride! :)

I had a blast! DEFINITELY a must see movie.

There are ALOT of crocheted items placed in the movie.

Baby Tristan's Blanket, A few shawls on the women in Mr. Monday's shop, The curtains in Ditchwater Sal's Caravan.

There were a lot more, those were just the few I could remember off hand.

Oh I didn't notice the curtains! My friend & I were pointing out the crocheted things while watching to each other :lol I liked that movie.

I'm probably the only person in the world that doesn't care for Princess Bride. I thought Hocus Pocus was okay but a bit over rated.

I wondered how the movie was. Guess I'll wait for DVD. LOL

You are only the second person in the last 20 years that has told me this... and both of you were this past week. :lol I have never met anyone who doesn't like the movie.

My family was playing pictionary with a movie theme. I was drawing the Princess Bride and was having a terrible time getting through to my audience. It turns out most of them (the under 25 crowd) had never seen the movie!

Has anyone read the book? My boyfriend has, and since he's in the film industry, he was upset when he heard this was being made into a movie. he's a big fan of Neil Gaiman, and would love to make a movie out of one of his books!

I'm probably the only person in the world that doesn't care for Princess Bride. I thought Hocus Pocus was okay but a bit over rated.

I wondered how the movie was. Guess I'll wait for DVD. LOL

I didn't like Princess Bride either. My friend got the DVD so I saw it again last year, and still didn't like it.

I thought this movie sounded good. Maybe if nothing else is playing or it's at the dollar theater or DVD... I'll see it. ;) Or just to look at the crochet items:lol :hook (hey that's one reason I saw Harry Potter 5 again... and I liked it and wanted to see it...:lol )

Debbi

Yup. Read the book (Stardust). I'm not sure I'm mentally prepared to see it turned into a movie with Claire Danes as the Star (and star of the movie). I love Neil Gaiman, so I probably wouldn't like much of his work as commercial movies. If you want a good starter book of Neil's, read Neverwhere. Awesome book. Movie was nice and cheesy done BBC/Dr. Who style. :)

I have only read Good Omens and American Gods, both of which I really enjoyed. It's been taking me way too long to finish reading anything lately...must be hooking too much!

I do want to see Stardust though, but probably wont until it's on DVD.

I really want to see this!

Hocus Pocus is one of my very favorite movies, but I really hate Princess Bride... my maiden name is Montoya, and I cant tell you how many people asked me if I was related to Inego. um, no. It was horrible when they made us watch that show in school. Oy.

I Loved Princess Bride I thought it was funny...I have always been a fan of Robin Wright Penn (sean penns wife) who played the Princess.....She use to be on a Soap Opera called Santa Barbara which to me Was great and I miss that soap lol...So I guess I will go and see the movie :)

I Loved Princess Bride I thought it was funny...I have always been a fan of Robin Wright Penn (sean penns wife) who played the Princess.....She use to be on a Soap Opera called Santa Barbara which to me Was great and I miss that soap lol...So I guess I will go and see the movie :)

I used to watch Santa Barbara too!! I loved that soap. Now I watch Passions and Days. I loved Hocus Pocus and the Princess Bride. We saw Stardust this past weekend and just loved it. I was also noticing all the crocheted items like the shawl and blanket...but I missed the curtains! Will have to watch it again when it comes out on DVD to have a look...

Kim

• 4 weeks later...

I think that a lot of people in my class did not like the Princess Bride because we were forced to watch it in 6th grade. I was the only one who would say that I liked it. I can't wait to see Stardust, but I have to find a time when my fiance can come with me.

Archived