Sugar'N Cream Twists Project

DreamsOfYarn

I caught my DD going through my Cotton Yarn stash the other day. She found my skein of Sugar'N Cream Twists, looked at me with her puppy dog eyes, and asked me what I was going to make for HER. I told her I only had the one skein, and when I got more, I'd make her something.

Once she went to bed, I made her a washcloth and a facecloth. I noticed that when she uses a regular size washcloth for her face, water flings everywhere, so I made her a smaller one.

She sure was surprised when she woke up the next morning and she saw them sitting here. She snatched them up, ran and put them in her bathroom, then came back and gave me a big hug. I sure didn't expect that from a 16 year old :eek

th_Hilly-RoseTwist.jpg

clickable

Very nice and great color. I have a 17 year old son who I thought paid no attention to me crocheting. Then one day about a month ago he came in the living room and said "Mom do you think you could take that left over yarn and make me an afghan?" Of course I said yes and started right away lol.

Thanks for the kind words.

I guess the reason I was so surprised with the hug is that she has about 10 washcloths in her drawer in her bathroom. Plus she has her latest favorites out on display in her bathroom.

But it sure did make me feel good to know how much she appreciates what I make for her.

Great stories ladies! Now, what stitch was that you used in the wash/face cloths? Is that a Crunch stitch? Been looking for a pic of the Crunch stitch, anyone got? Thanks.

Great stories ladies! Now, what stitch was that you used in the wash/face cloths? Is that a Crunch stitch? Been looking for a pic of the Crunch stitch, anyone got? Thanks.

No, it's not the Crunch Stitch.

I think the stitch I use is the Griddle stitch. But I did modify it a bit....I start and end the rows using hdc.

HTH :D

Archived