How I Passed The Time On The LONG Drive Home

DreamsOfYarn

We had a long drive from Florida to Ohio, and I had to find a way to pass the time. My best friend's 4 year old grandson was in the back seat of the truck with me, and to help keep him from getting bored, I decided to stock up on Cotton Yarn and make some dishcloths. He loved watching me, and He picked out which color I should use once one was complete.

I made 2 more, but I gave them to her husband and didn't get any pics of them. He was using them to put under his arms....one on the door and one on the console. Kept his arms padded and he was much more comfortable. He came up with the idea. I tried it, and it works great.

th_DishclothColletction1.jpg

clickable

I have them posted separately in 'photobucket'.

Thanks Lea, Sheryl and Vonnie. I appreciate the kind words.

I just talked to Nancy a little while ago, and she told me that Kane is still talking about all the 'neat' things I crocheted. He had asked me to make another round ripple on the way home, but I had to explain that there wasn't enough room in the back of the truck for him, his car seat, the snacks and drinks for us, my laptop bag, and me, to make something that big. He was satisfied with that, and loved picking out which color yarn I was going to use.

I sure miss that little guy :yes (and Nancy and Jack, too) :(

It's the only way I survive road trips! I have A.D.D. and crocheting makes the time fly by! In fact, I wish I was going somewhere more often so that I wouldn't get distracted by the internet, the television, the phone, etc., so that I would get more crocheting done!

:hook

Archived