Feeling Guilty

Recently my 12 yo step sister asked me to teach her cross stitch. I used to cross stitch all the time but stopped many years ago. Anywho, I taught her how (she's a good student) and now I have started again myself. The guilt comes from all my crochet projects that I have laying around in various plastic bags just waiting to be finished but I am having so much fun cross stitching that I am ignoring my crochet! :eek Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, I'm pretty heavy into knitting right now. But, I look at it this way, all those UFO's will get done....someday. A hobby is a hobby, is a hobby....as long as you are creating....it doesn't matter. Just enjoy what you are doing right now....you will come back to crocheting....I always do!

Cross stitch....bead...write...read....doggone it. :) Too many choices!! Right now I'm working on a baby afghan (crochet) and a baby sampler (x stitch). The baby blanket is almost done, so then I can concentrate on the sampler. I'm fairly burnt out on x-stitching, but I can't resist for babies!!

I cross stitch when I need a break from crocheting... then a few things in plastic canvas then back to crocheting .... I think taking breaks and trying something different makes all fiber arts fun and not daunting

I have a crocheted blanket that is an afghan stitch panels. What is neat is that each panel has a cross stitched design on it. I thought at first it w as a graph ghan, but oh no, it's cross stitch. One way to join two arts to make one. ;)

I can relate to your 'guilt'! I go from crocheting to pine cone crafts I make! Right now I have a baby blanket - wip, 3 pine cone candle rings - wip, & am crocheting pumpkins for another craft show! Multi tasking - what a concept!

I LOVE CROCHET! However I also like to stamp. I have tons of WIPS because I just LOVE to craft. So...I think as long as you are crafting something and love it go with it. If you have multiple options you will never get burnt out or bored. I think crafters in general are compulsive and can never get enough, hence all the stashes busting out of craft rooms and half finished projects of all kinds laying around my house and probably many of us here. Don't feel guilty. I feel guilty if I'm not doing something. Go with whatever is making you happy and feel creative!

I'm happy to know that I am in such good company. We woman are fantastic aren't we? We can do all our crafts at one time, clean the house, feed the family and still find time for the computer and my dh can't watch the game and talk at the same time. hmm. :rofl

• 2 months later...

I go between knitting, crochet and cross stitch - oh and jewelry making as well. Never too many projects. Sadly, my scrapbooking is sitting by the wayside waiting for me!

I used to cross-stitch, but I just don't like it anymore. My very first project was a 12 x 12 bunch of flowers cross-stitched on linen where I had to count the thread in the line as well as the pattern. Two threads by two threads was the square for the cross-stitch, actually did two of these monsters! One in blues and one in pinks. LOL, I never start small. These days I just like knitting and crocheting!

Oh Heavens!:wooYou aren't alone!!!!...:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

If you knew how many unfinished half started projects I have in my yarn room you'd scream...:eek

I bought a needlepoint kit the other day because it was on sale and I haven't done needlepoint in years....Don't ever feel bad...just enjoy yourself!:jumpyay

Linda:sun

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com

I used to do a lot of cross-stitching, and embroidery, but when I learned to crochet, and my eyes started dimming, I quit. I do have one cross-stitch project started, but haven't done anything on it in a while.

Cross stitch has always been the one thing that I just did not like and never will. I so miss the days when Crewel Embroidery was ruling the store shelves. I've been waiting for 30 years for it to come back. :sigh

:wlol

Now Hardanger, that could get me addicted again. :hyper

Archived