Monthly Square CAL

miller3602

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I got my august square done, here is my take on the August square in blue with a swimming theme!!! I did blue for water, ocean, and white as breakers, whitecaps, and beige as sand!:clap What do you think, make sense?? I am makeing 12" squares so when I get the 12 done, I can put them together 3 X4 so it will be 36" x 48...

th_IM001698.jpg

Scrapped the crayon idea for August. I found a site with a list of holidays & observances for each month and I will be doing a friendship ring square in honor of Friendship Day which is celebrated on the first Sunday in August. It's a good excuse to try a pattern I've been dying to get my hooks into!

-shel

I figured out that I'm gonna make a sun pattern in mine. It's freakishly hot over here so that would be perfect. Working on it as I type. ^__^

Scrapped the crayon idea for August. I found a site with a list of holidays & observances for each month and I will be doing a friendship ring square in honor of Friendship Day which is celebrated on the first Sunday in August. It's a good excuse to try a pattern I've been dying to get my hooks into!

-shel

Very cool shel, I just did a whole Friendship ring afghan. Very pretty design. I haven't started on my August square yet, but I have been day dreaming about my squares at work and writing down what I want to make for each month. I will make mine soon and post a picture. I love all the different approaches ya'll are taking with this cal.:cheer:cheer:cheer

http://www.geocities.com/moreta1/personal/augsquare.jpg

There's a link to my August Square (which is actually more of a rectangle, but who's really counting?) I got the pattern for this square from the following website:

"Friends" http://members.aol.com/gandal195/friends.html

I used red, blue, and yellow to symbolize school children. (The border really is yellow, even if the picture doesn't show it well.)

Hope you like it!

Not sure i will join this CAL but it sounds fun. I have an idea how about the colors of each months birth stone.

Oh that sounds like a great idea!! August is peridot isn't it, light green?? I might have to make two monthly afghans:eek

I just finished my Aug square last night in camo... I figure may the squares can tell a story.. and this was the month Josh deployed so army yarn it was! I'll have to see what event pops up next month to decided ont eh colors..I used this pattern and fell in love with it.. very quick and easy with a nice affect http://www.heartmadeblessings.org/patterns/circlesonthesquare.asp

Oh that sounds like a great idea!! August is peridot isn't it, light green?? I might have to make two monthly afghans:eek

That's right:yes . It is my birth stone color.:yay

Not sure i will join this CAL but it sounds fun. I have an idea how about the colors of each months birth stone.

Oh I like that idea, have been wondering if I should join this Cal or not, seems like a really cool idea. Won't take up too much time, the only problem is deciding on colour theme and which size and design square to do.

Gonna think about it a little longer, cause just signed up for Autumn seceret pals swap.

Rox

I think I can sneak in a square a month without my DH giving me the evil eye for starting yet another project.

He probably won't even notice if it's only one a month.........:devil :devil :devil

Sheryl

Okay, this will be my first CAL! :cheer I've been limited since I've joined C'ville because there just isn't the money to go buy a lot of yarn for a project- I'm trying to get my scraps eliminated (which I have a lot of, thank you Freecycle) and this would be a great project! Woohoo! I think I'll do August today!:yay A square a month is something I can definitely handle among the 15 million other WIPs I have going on. :P

I have my Aug one done, I am doing 12" then I am going to put them together 3 across and 4 down and I think it will be big enough to be a lapghan....

That's what I was thinking! :D I'm so excited about this CAL and the 12" squares will make it a great lapghan size, imho!

:yes Yes, I would love to join this CAL. Is it still open? I know I would be one square behind... but twist my arm and I think I can get caught up :wink

Let me know if this is still open.

Thanks,

Jillian aka Mad4Crochet

Jillian and Jessica - Yes this CAL is about monthly squares and please join in!

For myself, I decide to wait longer until I get some WIPs done, then catch up with ya all guys. :yes

Hi! Even though I'm new I was hoping I could join this CAL. It sounds like lots of fun! I figure with only a block a month to do it's the perfect CAL to try out. :)

Well I thought I'd get my August block done last night. I desided to make a sunflower block to remind me of the bright sunny days of summer. So I finish crocheting the brown center and am working on the yellow flowers....

...when I run out of yellow yarn. :eek

Of course payday isn't untill Monday too! I need to see if one of my girlfriends has any yarn I can nab. :)

Everyone's squares are looking good so far.

I wanted to do a Wagonwheel square but couldn't find the blue I wanted.

So went with a Clover center square, its summer and green all around.

augsquare.jpg

Now to see what to do for Sept.

Archived