Monthly Square CAL

miller3602

I was thinking of starting a monthly square CAL. Each month, you work on a square (your size and stitch of choice) and then at then end of the year (in this case, it would end in July) you put them all together and have a blanket. Each square could be a different color. For instance, December's square could be red or green. July's could be red, white & blue, October's orange or black, ect. They could also have a theme, too. For February, you could crochet a heart and sew it onto the square. January, an 08', March, a clover, ect. What do you guys think? I think it's a great way to use your yarn up (an excuse to buy more :D) and it's also a great project for begginers to keep them crocheting! Post if your interested!

P.S. Here is a color code to help you, if you need ideas:

January

February

March

April

May

June

July (Red, White & Blue)

August

September

October

November

December

P.S.S. Here are some links I found for squares, if you need them.

7" by 9" Squares

7" Squares

8" Squares

Lots of Different Squares

Hope these help you!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the idea, can my July be just 'red & white?

Being I am in Canada? :yay

Yes, as long as you do a square a month!

Love it, I will join this CAL.....do we start now!

Yes, it has started!

Ok, this one has really got my brain working, I love it!!!! Please count me in. This sounds like a lot of fun. It will be great to see all the different squares everyone comes up with. Do we post pictures of our squares? I already have an idea for August. Looking forward to coming up with ideas for each of the months.

I'm doing my august in black and white cause my fiance and I send alot of time at our local park watching black and white movies in august.

What I neat idea! Now THAT'S unique!

i figure I will pick something we do every month and aim my colors towards that. July will be red white and blue, June is gonna be blue for all the swimming we do. I haven't figured out a color for may yet probably a greenish for spring time. December will be red and green. I still have a few to figure ou yet

I'm fairly new to Crochetville and would like to join this crochet-a-long. What do I need to do?

:think Atina

I'm fairly new to Crochetville and would like to join this crochet-a-long. What do I need to do?

:think Atina

Nothing special...just crochet-a-long with us! CALs are basically like getting together with friends and working on the same project, but all over the country/world!

I would like to make a monthly square. I will make my August square a variagated primary color pattern since children go back to school this month.

That is a good idea, I just did a RR in the RHSS Mexicana varigated colors of yellow, blue, red, green, purple. I like all the ideas so far!

Count me in ! Now...to find an "Apple" for this teacher to crochet in her August square ! Or maybe take off on moreta1's idea and do a square with some crayons....so many possibilities!!!

-shel

Hi, I'm new to this but I'd like to join! I don't know what I'm really gonna make August into but I'll think of it today.

Archived