Walmart

angt

I went to my local walmart the other day. EVERYTHING is gone except for a few bins of yarn. I was sooo disappointed. I was hoping it wouldnt happen. :sigh what a bummer!!!!!

I am so sorry. So far ours still has yarn and fabric and jewelry beads and so on. I'm hoping it stays! Of course a Micheals is almost across the street, but they don't have all the colors of RH, which I love. And that's about it in yarn stores close by.

I sent an email to walmart explaining how upset and disappointed I am. I think now, I will send off an email to HL telling them to build one on my side of town. That will show them:nahnah

I think i read in another thread that Wal-Mart is going to be closing all their craft sections in the next year or two. it's really sad and disappointing because for some people that is their only crafting outlet.

My Walmart has started to put stuff on sale, but I don't know yet it they will get rid of everything. There is a little bit of yarn on sale, but that has been that way for over a year. There is an HL and Michaels about an hour from my house - halfway in between my place and my parents' so I guess it would be ok....but Walmart is cheaper and closer.

SO far my local wal mart is still looking okay. They're selection of yarn never has been the greatest, but it is a little less then one side of an isle. The fabric is still a great big section. I hope they don't take down our craft section here...that sit eh only place around that i can get my yarn. And the closest wal mart is 40 miles away in either direction. SO if they shut down their craft sections I'm one of the lucky ones that has nowhere else to go!! Boy would I be mad!! lol

just keeping my fingers crossed!

So far my WalMart looks okay, too. Lots of Red Heart and Caron yarn to pick from. Of course, the selection of RH is not as good as online. I hope they don't pull all the yarn, I'd freak out. The next convenient store is JoAnn, but Michael's is so far away :(

• 3 weeks later...

I must say I am lucky to be in Canada and where I am, our Walmart is great for yarn, but I find Zellers even better. Don't know if there are 'Zellers' stores in US or not :think . But then the US has Hobby Lobby and many other great places :hook .

It's sad to see stores close out sections, especially when we need them so badly........

• 5 months later...
I must say I am lucky to be in Canada and where I am, our Walmart is great for yarn, but I find Zellers even better. Don't know if there are 'Zellers' stores in US or not :think . But then the US has Hobby Lobby and many other great places :hook .

It's sad to see stores close out sections, especially when we need them so badly........

No, we don't have Zellers in the US, but I've been to Zellers when visiting family in Canada and I just LOVE them!! I used to live in Detroit and occasionally my husband would drive me over to Windsor to go to the Zellers there. When knitting and crochet kind of slacked off here in the late 70s and 80s, Zellers still had a great yarn department, including wool for socks. I miss being able to go there and pick up Patons or Beehive pattern books.

My Walmarts are gradually closing their craft departments....there's no more fabric in any of the local stores, and what's left of the yarn departments is downright pathetic. And my only other outlets are all 40 miles away.:angry

I think i read in another thread that Wal-Mart is going to be closing all their craft sections in the next year or two. it's really sad and disappointing because for some people that is their only crafting outlet.

That's the way it was for me in WV. If it wasn't for Wal-Mart, i would have had to go 1 1/2- 2 hours for yarn.

Archived