Aussie

Samio

Hi everyone

My name is Sam and I live in Melbourne Australia. I am married to Mitch and have 2 boys Brodie (6) and Daniel (11months). I have been crocheting for about 10 years now and originally was only taught how to make granny squares. I spent many hours teaching myself how to do other stitches. I have made a lot of items and have won awards at our local Agriculture Show for a Christening Gown. As I get used to how all of this works I will post some pictures of my work. This forum is fantastic and I cannot wait to find out more information:cheer

Sam

Hi Sam! Welcome to the Crochetville! :yay Can't wait to see some of your work, and your experience will be welcome. We have some great people here who are always willing to help.

Hi Sam, it's so much fun that you've join us. that's very interesting that you won in a contest! I hope to see your works here in the board. Which melbourne do you mean is it in Queensland or in Victoria?

FE

Hi Pidot

Melbourne is in Victoria Australia. I did live in Qld for 10 years but there is no Melbourne up there. Are you from Australia or the US. Melbourne hosted the 1956 Olympic Games and is hosting the 2006 Commonwealth Games

Samio

Hi Sam, nice to have another Aussie around! I'm in Adelaide.

What's the wool supply like in Melbourne? I'd love to hear if you know of any good Australian places to buy yarn from.

Glad to see some more Aussies. I have found the best place is called Bendigo Mill. they send out swatches of all the colours, which makes it great, also their postage is really quick. I will find out some more details for you and let you know. Have you seen the most recent Womens Weekly with Tdacy Grimshaw on the front? I have just completed the shawl that is in it. I will add some photo's over the weekend when I set my web page up

Thanks for that number. I'll ring them next week. I was just at the newsagent today. I want to make a shawl so I may pick up a Womens Weekly.

Thank,

Bec :D

Archived