New Free Pattern for 8-Pocket 2-Tone Carryall Tote

birdlady1

"NEED" another bag? Who heard of NEEDING another bag? Isn't wanting one enough justification to make another?

:lol Do you and I talk alot!? That is exactly what I said when I saw that the other day! Definately added to my WIM projects.:hook

I already ordered the cotton to make 2 of them! I saw the pattern the other night in a fit of insomnia, and since I can't find the cotton locally went right to eBay and got some cheaper than from Lion themselves.

I saw that bag too :)

I know the pattern calls for cotton yarn but how do you think it would be with regular old WW yarn? I'm new to crochet and changing yarn types scares me as I don't know enough as what to use instead.

I saw that bag too :)

I know the pattern calls for cotton yarn but how do you think it would be with regular old WW yarn? I'm new to crochet and changing yarn types scares me as I don't know enough as what to use instead.

I'm going to try it with worsted weight yarn....it'll be larger than the pattern calls for. But the bigger the better when it comes to bags, right???!!!!

I'm going to try it with worsted weight yarn....it'll be larger than the pattern calls for. But the bigger the better when it comes to bags, right???!!!!

Oh yes, I'm a "big bag" lady :eek

Do you think the hook size needs changed then also?

If you want to make a bigger bag with a larger hook, I would suggest doubling up your yarn. When making a bag like this, I would think that the tighter the stitch, the better - it will prevent droop, as well as keep things from falling through any gaps (unless you're going to line it, then don't listen to a word I'm saying!).

I just started making that! I will try to post it when I am done. I love that it has individual pieces because it is tooooo hot to crochet anything big. I am making it in the blue cotton but have not decided on the staps color yet. Very easy and very fast; I made the back in one night. I may have to send it to someone to finish sewing, lol, that's the part I don't like......Denise

I love the bag but all the sewing has scared me away from making it!

I'm not sure why they don't just have you do one long strip for the pockets that wraps around the circumference of the bag. That would make more sense to me instead of sewing individual pockets. I mean, sure, it's going to have a tiny more bulk at the corners, but small price to pay, in my opinion.

I'm wondering if this could be felted?

Archived