Interesting Crochet Instruction on YouTube

lucie

I came across this video on YouTube.

I haven't tried her technique yet for eliminating that space after the turning chain but it looks like a great idea. ALso, I'd like to try her methods for dealing with tails. What you ya'll think?

Thank you so much for sharing this link, :) as a complete beginner, I've been having problems,:think in changing colours. Now when I've got some time, I'm going to try out those techinques....!!! :clap

I've seen alot of patterns that people had done, by using graph paper, and as an avid cross stitcher, the thought of being able to convert/adapt :think my designs to crochet, makes me :) !! If anyone has done this, could you please give me some hints or problems that they came across....!!

Very Interesting! I do my color changes that way but the hiding the ends that way nope and the fact that she said "cut the ends after you wash it", that I don't do either. I hide my ends, trim them and then wash. Anybody else do it this way? I will be trying the way that she starts a new row so avoid the gap. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much for sharing this link, :) as a complete beginner, I've been having problems,:think in changing colours. Now when I've got some time, I'm going to try out those techinques....!!! :clap

I've seen alot of patterns that people had done, by using graph paper, and as an avid cross stitcher, the thought of being able to convert/adapt :think my designs to crochet, makes me :) !! If anyone has done this, could you please give me some hints or problems that they came across....!!

I found some tapestry crochet videos on YouTube that seem to offer an introduction to graph crochet you were asking about.

This is the first of 4 videos. If you click on MORE FROM THIS USER you will find links to the other 3 videos. Hope this helps!

Great link...I actually learned something. I change colors the way she does and I've always crocheted over my ends, but not like she did and her way is better...thanks for sharing.

And I thought I was the only one to work ends in that way. Many years ago I made 2 tier dop stitch afghans to use as spreads for twin beds. It was done in stripes and I hated weaving in all those ends. Since then I devised a way to work in most of those ends. Thats how I did it. I also use that method when adding a new color to a granny square. Weaving in ends is worse than assembling them. I like to assemble grannies with a slip stitch as you don't have to worry about ends and rethreading the needle. I also feel it has more give, matching the give of the crocheted piece. I like to put right sides together and work in the back loop only,which makes a nice ridge and is a little less visible than going through both loops. I do like that single crochet bit she uses to close up the gap. I will have to try that.

Archived