Who do you look up to?

In the world of Crochet, who is someone that you look up to? Whether you've actually talked to them, or if that is only a dream. Is there someone that just makes you jump up and down :clap when they release a new pattern?

I have to say that since I've been looking online for patterns, and getting out of my own little world... I have come to really admire Darski. :blush :blush

I also really enjoy eris_devotee's patterns on Livejournal. And her site, Art of Crochet. I've yet to do any of her patterns, as I'd like to be a little higher in my skill level.

The only person I can say I really admire crochet wise is my aunt! She can make absolutely anything without so much as looking at a pattern. She taught me to crochet, and one day I'd love to be half as good as her.

Also, I admire anyone brave enough to make socks. It's been a dream of mine to learn how to make them, but I always get too nervous and chicken out.

Since I collect patterns very randomly and I usually don't pay any attention to who writes them, I don't have a favorite pattern writer, or even know any names other than screen names of people here.

I also don't know anyone in person who still crochets, other than my friend who does a bit now and again. I guess I admire about 99% of the show and tells that I see here. There are some that I see that just don't do it for me, but hey, everyone doesn't like everything....

I would say the person i admire when it comes to crochet is Tampa Doll with all her bags and tables her imagination is endless in the world of crochet she has a spectacular talent and we are lucky to have her share it with us.

I have to say that since I've been looking online for patterns, and getting out of my own little world... I have come to really admire Darski. :blush :blush

I also really enjoy eris_devotee's patterns on Livejournal. And her site, Art of Crochet. I've yet to do any of her patterns, as I'd like to be a little higher in my skill level.

:blush Why thank you! Wow. that caught me by surprise. :blush

I agree about Mary Jo as well. Her eye is amazing and what she does with what she does makes my head spin.

I am also not up on who does what overall in "the industry" but I really enjoy many freebie sites. The level of artistry and professionalism there is wonderful to see

I think my favourite "amateur designer" is Cara of happy Yellow House

I'd say Patricia Kristoffersen. I love her doilies!! What talent. I've never met her.

gosh where to start!

there is a lady Heather who gets work printed in Crochet World quite often whom was a swap partner of mine off Crochetville who does some really unique things

Cupcake - for showing off Aussie critters so wonderfully as well as her array of other items

Katchkan - no one can work their own designs quite like Kathy can!

Peggytoes - I swear you could give this lady the plainest almost ugly item and she'd make it look a gazillion bucks! her stuff is so well embellished and adorned

KristeMN - this girl can make up amigirumi designs in her sleep! nice and basic so great for people of all skill levels and so cute!

Darksi - her dolls clothes, what can I say? she sure has a broad imagination!

Shaelynnsmom - I can't imagine Shaelynns wardrobe, it must be bursting at the seams and Christina is so kind to share all she does. She uses such a variety of yarns and stuff

Etaria - Lisa at crochetgarden.com has such a "boutique" line of cothing and such, all are works of art! She was so kind to help me via PM's here in Crochetville in regards to her designs.

There are just too many people to list! They all have their own unique styles and work that they do. I haven't got a billion books or anything to pick a certain designer. I know a lot of people adore PK, yet I have only seen show and tells on her stuff and would prefer to leave comment on those peoples designs I have actually used or plan to use. We have sooooo many talented people here at the 'ville and I like to give credit where credit is due :)

First and foremost, my nana since it was her that encouraged me after I took up the hook.

Katchkan and Darski are both tied for a very close second. Both are amazing designers and don't mind helping out when you have a question.

Becks and crochetluvknot are amazing with their graphghans. I'm still working on becoming more advanced in the tunisian stitches so I can make some of them.

Rachel, whom without her around, I'd never have a constantly updated website full of wonderful patterns to keep me busy.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

gosh where to start!

there is a lady Heather who gets work printed in Crochet World quite often whom was a swap partner of mine off Crochetville who does some really unique things

Cupcake - for showing off Aussie critters so wonderfully as well as her array of other items

Katchkan - no one can work their own designs quite like Kathy can!

Peggytoes - I swear you could give this lady the plainest almost ugly item and she'd make it look a gazillion bucks! her stuff is so well embellished and adorned

KristeMN - this girl can make up amigirumi designs in her sleep! nice and basic so great for people of all skill levels and so cute!

Darksi - her dolls clothes, what can I say? she sure has a broad imagination!

Shaelynnsmom - I can't imagine Shaelynns wardrobe, it must be bursting at the seams and Christina is so kind to share all she does. She uses such a variety of yarns and stuff

Etaria - Lisa at crochetgarden.com has such a "boutique" line of cothing and such, all are works of art! She was so kind to help me via PM's here in Crochetville in regards to her designs.

There are just too many people to list! They all have their own unique styles and work that they do. I haven't got a billion books or anything to pick a certain designer. I know a lot of people adore PK, yet I have only seen show and tells on her stuff and would prefer to leave comment on those peoples designs I have actually used or plan to use. We have sooooo many talented people here at the 'ville and I like to give credit where credit is due :)

ok now i could not have said that any better!!!! so if you don't mind i will use your words. however i will add one more person, my NeNe!!!!!!!!! whom i love very much!

There are just too many people to list! They all have their own unique styles and work that they do.

That sums it up for me. Both from this board and those in the publishing world.

Not everyone is my style or taste. However that they can come up with things always amazes me.

Archived