Wedding purse is nearly nearly finished

MaryPat

This would be finished but I can't figure out how to hold the split rings to get the handle onto the purse. It's too small for my fingers to hold and separate at the same time.

If I don't figure this out, I may have to take this to a jeweler's to do it. Time is running out.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4250960&a=32530322&f=0

I usually separate them with my fingers, then insert a small flathead screwdriver. Then I twist the screwdriver slightly to increase the opening. If they are large enough, sometimes I can use a small needle-nose pliers because they can grip, but you can't do that with the really small ones.

I usually separate them with my fingers, then insert a small flathead screwdriver. Then I twist the screwdriver slightly to increase the opening. If they are large enough, sometimes I can use a small needle-nose pliers because they can grip, but you can't do that with the really small ones.

Oh and these are the really small ones. I can't get anything in it that's small enough to twist. I'll have to give 2 pair of pliers a chance and see what that does.

AWESOME!!! It is so beautiful !!! Thanks for sharing!

Even if you took it to Wal-mart or any store with a jewelry department...they would put the rings on for you.

It looks lovely, You have done a great job with it. They do make a pair of pliers just for the split rings. I would loan you mine if I could. They work really well.

Thanks for the hint -- I googled split ring pliers and got the exact picture. I had no idea they made such a tool. I think there's a store within walking distance here so if I can, I'm going to stroll over there at lunch. I think the tool would cost less than actually going to the jeweler and then I could also fix a couple of necklaces I have.

Oh and these are the really small ones. I can't get anything in it that's small enough to twist. I'll have to give 2 pair of pliers a chance and see what that does.

I meant the really little screwdrivers, like for eyeglass repair! However, I had no idea they made split ring pliers - I'd probably do more jewelry making if I had a pair. I'll have to look on my next trip to Michael's/HL.

• 2 weeks later...
How did it turn out?

Even with the pliers it took me about 20 minutes to place each split ring. Those suckers are hard to manipulate!

Final picture before the wedding:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4250960&a=32530322&p=75692347

Stratford-Upon-Avon, Bride carrying the purse:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4250960&a=32559882&p=75724960

It turned out very good and looking very clean inside of it. I never tried to make little purse with beads the way you and Kathy does. I am just drulling here

Demet

It turned out very good and looking very clean inside of it. I never tried to make little purse with beads the way you and Kathy does. I am just drulling here

Demet

I could not have done it without Kathy's pattern. Hers had double the beads and I realized early on that the time I had wouldn't allow it. So I changed the method of crochet which increase the height but kept the width which was important for the frame to fit properly. My daughter did not want fringe, so that saved a lot of time as well.

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I would have loved something like that for my wedding. I had a small satin bag and my matron of honor made a handle for it with lobster clasps so the handle was also a bracelet.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived