My afghan was returned from Mary Maxim Contest

I'm kind of disappointed. I worked really hard designing this afghan and sent it in to the contest at Mary Maxim.

Today, the UPS guy dropped off a box. My first thoughts were "I haven't ordered anything, have I?" and then when I realized my afghan was returned, I was sad.

But, now I have a second afghan to enter in the county fair.:cheer This is good. I guess it's always better to look at the bright side.

:manyheart

What did they say?? Did they give a reason? Maybe they just had to many....I am sure it is gorgeous and the fair will give you a Blue Ribbon!!!

It is Mary Maxims Lose

I too am sorry it was returned but you deserve every award around :fame:flower:queen for dreaming it, making it and submitting it.

I will be praying for your entries in the fair instead. good on you to look on the bright side! :hug:hug:hug

Well look at the bright side like you are, the fair!! AND maybe you could submit your pattern to other venues, like magazines or AA, just a thought,, we would LOVE to see a pic of it :hug

If I were you, I would waste no time in entering that afghan at the fair. Everything happens for a reason, and the reason for this might very well be that THAT is going to be the winning afghan at the fair this year. Had MM not returned it, you would not have the chance to enter it, so this might turn out to be a VERY good thing!

Elle

If I were you, I would waste no time in entering that afghan at the fair. Everything happens for a reason, and the reason for this might very well be that THAT is going to be the winning afghan at the fair this year. Had MM not returned it, you would not have the chance to enter it, so this might turn out to be a VERY good thing!

Elle

I agree. This year is the first year the McHenry County fair is letting us enter 2 items per lot in the Crochet and Knitting Divisions only. I had made a nice round ripple but I knew I wouldn't have time for a second afghan so this is a blessing in disguise. Now I have two entries.

I will let you know how I do. The fair is the first week of August. Now I have more time to finish my other entries.

:manyheart

Archived