Help!! I am having withdrawls!

I am trying sooo hard NOT to buy anymore yarn.:no I desperately want to work my stash down and only buy enough yarn needed for specific projects. Today I seem to be having withdrawl issues really bad. :eek It isn't bad enough that everyday on my drive to work I have to force my car to exit at the exit ramp for work and not go to the next exit where the AC Moore store is. And when I go to Wal Mart, I steer clear of the what is left of their yarn section. But today I have been going to the my favorite on line yarn store :devil and as soon as it pulls up, I force myself to close it real quick. What is wrong with me?? Can anyone help me? I think I need a sponsor or something to help me thru this time. (kinda like AA) I was behind the AC Moore semi truck on the way to work earlier this week. I had thoughts of hijacking the truck!!! This is getting bad. Please help me!!!! :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn

well, maybe I'm enabling you, but maybe you shoudl let yourself buy just a few yarns.... just as a whim?

To stave off the addiction?

If nothing else, they would be pretty additions to a stress square box.

(Or am I the only one who has a stress square box?)

well, maybe I'm enabling you, but maybe you shoudl let yourself buy just a few yarns.... just as a whim?

Um, what's a stress square box? :confused

Joyce

Um, what's a stress square box? :confused

Joyce

When yu make granny squares with no real project in mind, just to gt out stress....

then you keep them in a boxand piece stuff out of them.

Mine is kinda running dry lately, I made two blankets for a friend's charity aucton.

When yu make granny squares with no real project in mind, just to gt out stress....

then you keep them in a boxand piece stuff out of them.

Mine is kinda running dry lately, I made two blankets for a friend's charity aucton.

I don't have this yet, but I intend to do something similar to have a build up of squares.

Joyce

Oh my gosh- I can totally relate!! I've been trying to work off my stash, and NOT buy yarn, and it's a lot harder to do than I thought it would be. I don't have any stores nearby, so I usually find all my yarn on-line. I went to my favorite store today three times, and made my self leave, each time telling myself I don't need any new yarn, I'm trying to work up what I have.

It's hard to beat the thrill of that yarn purchase though, getting that package in the mail.... :c9

Just wanted you to know you're not alone!

~Tami :manyheart

Oh yea, I know how you feel, BUT, maybe try crocheting yourself a round ball, you know stuffed, and keep it in your purse, and you could use that as a stress reminder, and use it as a reminder to help you

Hugs

JoAnn

Instead of squares, I have been making those little yoyo things. I try to do a couple each night before I go to bed. I found a pattern to make these little yoyos into an afghan/lapghan. Perfect for my charity group. But I like the idea of a stress square box. I may have to start one of those too.

I agree, the idea of a stress square box is terrific. I am going through a time of "don't start anything big" because I am going to be doing the graph afghan cal and don't want anything large taking up my time. A box of stash squares is a terrific idea!

Instead of squares, I have been making those little yoyo things. I try to do a couple each night before I go to bed. I found a pattern to make these little yoyos into an afghan/lapghan. Perfect for my charity group. But I like the idea of a stress square box. I may have to start one of those too.

Yeah, I have the yo-yo thing going on too! I don't have a project in mind, I just keep making them. :think

~Tami

One a week? But there are so many colors, how do you decide? Are any of you in the Stash Busting CAL? It's a great way to use up stash and keep you from buying more.

Ellie 13

I may try the "one a week" and just buy a small ball of peaches and cream. I can make a quick dishcloth or two with that. This way it won't build up my stash anymore, but I am still buying some sort of yarn to help with the withdrawl symptoms.

I looked at the Stash Busting CAL, but I doubt if I would remember to keep track of the little balls I am using up making the yo yos.

I'm in the same boat. When I was leaving for my lunch hour, I was deciding what to eat and all I could think of was going to the yarn store. I was even rationalizing to myself that I would just inquire about teaching and not buy anything. I was going to go to Chik Fil-A, but it's next to AC Moore. I wound up going home and making a peanut butter sandwich just to keep myself away from temptation.

Try thinking about your current projects and the yarn you have at home. I keep reminding myself I have not one but two giant cones of sport weight hidden in my closet.

It's funny - when I first decided to get back into crocheting, my motivation at the time was to help deal with stress (I have a mood disorder). Someone told me it would give me OCD :).

well I have the same problem I have buying yarn sydrome. Except that my DD ad I have more yarn then wal mart does I even cant pass the thrift store for sweaters to rip up ad make more yar whats wrong with us Im making and afaghn now with yarn I made one like 18 years ago. only one thing wrong I do have to buy more yarn I dont have any white, ad I might as well look around while Im there right. whose says yarn dont last forever. we do eed a support group But who ca we trust not me I kow I cant be trusted not to buy

Went to climb into bed last night and there was this lump under my covers. When I pulled the covers back, there were 4 skeins that I had put on the bed in the morning. (dumped out my take along bag and put a different project in it). Hubby laughed and laughed at me. I grabbed the huge garbage bag out of the closet that was stuffed full of yarn and cramed these skeins into it then threw it back into the closet. "hey, why didn't you just shove it under the bed?? Bag to big?", he asks as he is laughing away. I had to explain to him that, yes, the bag was too big. But also there were about 4 garbage bags already crammed under the bed along with his bow and arrow. I think he laughed himself to sleep.

Archived