June Charity Square-A-Long (June 8th - 11th)!!

Hello, everyone! TOMORROW we begin this month's Charity Square-A-Long! Gather your hook, yarn, and scissors and come make ANY number of squares in ANY size and for ANY charity of your choice! Be sure and let us know you're joining us!

Let's go, team!! :cheer:yarn:cheer

Yes, I have been waiting for this months square CAL :c9

After all the yarn I purchased this week.....

Red Heart yarn for 1.66 a skein well kets just say I went hog wild :hook

So I am set to begin ....... I don't think I have I'll get a lot done this weekend birthday parties on Saturday.......

But I will get some done

I'm here too.

Kelly, if only our Michael's had a good selection,they don't carry paddy green,no bright yellow,nor the red I like,so I just got some more aspen print.

I'm doing 8 and 12 inch squares

Linda

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, we have more joining in for this round! I got the first notification, but I haven't received the others yet via my e-mail! Anyway, WELCOME everyone! :manyheart

I am still struggling with vertigo, but I have been able to make 8 squares so far today! It's a good thing I can make basic granny squares without looking down very often! :yes

How are you guys coming along?! Have you started on your first square yet?! I have no particular goal this time around, but I am using up scraps from recent afghans in multiple colors. So far I've made them in country blue, an off white, camel, and light sage. :hook

Be sure and send in your updates, even if you only make ONE square or are choosing to be a cheerleader this time around! :cheer:yarn:yes

I've got 3 8 inch squares so far. Just trying to use up some yarn I have sitting around in balls that I don't have a use for so I'm making it into a lapghan for the nursing home.

Linda

If you still have the ad from Michaels take it to your local Walmart they will honor the printed price.....that is where I got my bright colors. :devil

I got 5 8 inchers done today. Hope to get at least that many tomorrow but have to help DH build a storage building so don't know how much I'll get to do.

Hello again! It must be NICE out in most of the areas of those who are participating with this Charity Square-A-Long because it's QUIET compared to the last 10 months! :think

I have made 8 squares so far, but I plan to work on more tonight now that my day is slowing down a bit! We had our local monthly crafting group meeting today, and I worked on a knitted preemie afghan during that time. I could have worked on squares, but not this time!

Anyway, post your total tonight and tell us how you're doing at this halfway mark! It's going by QUICKLY! :cheer

Jessica, you crack me up because you have a niece named Violet, and I have a grandchild by that name and a daughter whose name is Jessica who is Aunt to her! You are BOTH Aunt Jessica's to little Violet's!

Be back later, everyone!

Jessica, you crack me up because you have a niece named Violet, and I have a grandchild by that name and a daughter whose name is Jessica who is Aunt to her! You are BOTH Aunt Jessica's to little Violet's!

What are the chances of that??!?! Crazy!!

I got to see little Vi today.....she is so adorable!!! Only 10 days old and is the cutest baby ever! I got to hold her and she fell asleep on my chest....aw!!! I love her!! :manyheart

Anyways, I'm making some squares right now. Will post later!

Hello again! I got 6 more squares done today, so that gives me a total of 14 for the two days we've done so far! I will hopefully have some more time tomorrow and get more than 6 done! :yes

How did the rest of you guys do today?! :cheer

Jessica, my daughter and son-in-love calls Violet "Little V"!

Hello again! I got 4 more squares done this morning and plan to do some more this afternoon and evening! So far I have 18 squares done, and it's nice to see that little pile growing! :)

Anymore updates?! We still have today and tomorrow for this round! :yes

Ok, I just finished my 32 squares (6"s each) for the lapghan I am going to piece together tomorrow on our last day of this round! I may make some more squares after I do that, but I'm not sure just yet!

CONGRATS to each of you who have made one or more squares!! I can't wait to hear all of the totals coming in tomorrow night!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

I only got 2 done today so a total of 14 8"ers so far. I only need 3 more to do my lapghan but I too may make a few extra to finish up the 2 balls of yarn left.

Well, I goofed and thought I had enough squares for the lapghan I'm making! I need 4 more squares and will whip those up today! :yes

How is everyone coming along?! Thanks to those who have posted so far! Keep up the GREAT work and give yourself a {{{HUGE HUG}}} for getting one or more squares completed this round! :manyheart

Looking forward to seeing more posts today! Go, team, go! :cheer

Archived