Gidday from Australia!

pirate-lady

Hello from Australia! Just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Terry & I'm 50 years old. I live in a small rural town just outside Brisbane, Queensland. I live on a small property, and keep chickens & 4 muscovy ducks. I also have 5 cats & 1/2 a dog - she's also owned by my daughter, but lives with me! I'm also building up my fish tanks at the moment.

I'm also in a historical re-enactment group, set in the Caribbean between the years 1680 & 1740 - the golden age of piracy! I'm the Governor's wife, & also head of the Arts & Sciences, so have to research a fair bit.

I'm married (for 31 years), have two children, three step grandchildren & 1 grandson. I've been crocheting since I was 19, but stopped for a few years - not enough interesting patterns. Now, crocheting seems to be getting more & more popular, & with quirky & interesting patterns. :clap

At the moment, I'm crocheting hooded jumpers for my 3 year old & 4 month old grandsons, as well as hats. I also have a few toys on the go, including a crocheted pirate doll. I've also been crocheting blankets for my cats - a great way to practise new patterns, & if they don't turn out, the cats don't mind!:D

This forum seems to have a lot of friendly, helpful people, & hopefully, I'll fit in!

Terry.:cat

Hi Terry! I went to uni in Brissy but was born in Bundy. Where do you live exactly? (If you don't mind me asking!)

I live in Sydney now.

Welcome!!!

Hello from another aussie - I'm in Perth, WA. Just joined the message board, and am new to this type of connection. I'm a cross-stitch addict but have just picked up my crochet hook after a LONG absence. Trying to remember the stitches is an interesting challenge! RSI stopped me crocheting about 20+ years ago but now I've been retired for a few years and away from keyboards full time my wrists and hands are easier so I figured I'd try crochet again.

I'm a shawl fan and hope to eventually do some of those along with scarves, hats and baby stuff...and an afghan or two maybe. I like the look of the new arthritic-hand friendly crochet hooks - has anyone tried them and what are the comments on them?

Cheers

Ann

Hi Terry,

My MIL lives in Lowood! I lived with her for a short period of time. It is a nice country town. I loved going into the craft shop behind the servo. Is it still there. I now live in Brissy.

Welcome to the forums! :D

Hi Anne, I have a clover soft pad and I love it. I am saving to get a set! Try Crochet Australia, they stock them :D

Hello Terry from down the road on the Gold Coast. You will find this forum very friendly and inspirational.... and I cant believe it is raining here at the moment!

Welcome to C'ville! We have a lot of folks from Oz on this board.

My sister moved to the Brisbane area (from New York City) back in 2001. (She met an Aussie on the internet and they stayed together for five years.) I'd love to visit her someday but I'd have a better chance going to the moon.

Thank you one & all for the welcome! I did check Crochetville out for a little while before joining, so I'm not surprised by the warm welcomes! :ty

Now for some answers:

Feliciter, I live in Lowood, which is a small rural town about 30 mins drive north-west of Ipswich.

QueenslandRainbow, I gather you mean Folk Art. It's still going strong! I get a lot of my plants & trees from there!

Cupcake, It's been raining here too! All night!! For the first time in at 7 months, I've got puddles! As I'm on tank water only (no mains water!), I'm overjoyed! :c9

Aussie, I was actually born in Adelaide, & my Dad lives in the Barossa Valley. But I grew up on the Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise) in the 60s - left just as all the high-rises went up!

Birdlady1 & Nearlyblind, I hope you do make it down here one day! I thik you'll love it!:manyheart

I do love this forum - I downloaded two patterns yesterday afternoon & have already started to crochet them!

Hello and Welcome from Newcastle NSW:flower

I visited Lowood a few years back and absolutly loved it... the kids all got their photo in front of the Welcome to Lowood sign :)

Archived