My Yard Sale Finds

BarbaraJean

I've found 2 fantastic deals on yarn in the past couple weeks. The first was this huge bag of yarn for $5. There are 2 packages of baby yarn which is enough to make complete projects. The yarn on top is called Ber-Mel Yarns Kravenette. It must be old. I've done an internet search for it and can't find anything on it but it's fantastic and there is a LOT of it!

YARDSALEFINDS001.jpg

The second cost me $10. 87 oz. of Red Heart for $10!

YARDSALEFINDS003.jpg

Great find. I have yet to find any garage sales with anything worth buying yarn wise. But, maybe this season of garage sales will be different.

Two years ago I had an amazing haul of Trolls from garage sales. I got over 50 for $20 and then the same day got 10 for $3. What am I doing with them? I collect them and right now they are all in a box enjoying their new home in a closet somewhere in the house.

Way to go Barbara Jean!! I bet your heart was just pounding when you saw that yarn at the sale. I got a great deal on Saturday. I found a yarn winder for $5.99 at the local thrift store. I couldn't wait to get it home. It felt like Christmas morning when I was a child.

Thanks for sharing in my excitement, ladies. :yay Now I have to hurry up and finish the afghan that I'm working on (and not really enjoying) so that I can get started on something with the green yarn! :clap

My son actually saw it first and brought it to my attention. I then let my husband make the deal on it. ;)

:yay You lucky girl, what great finds! That's a ton of great looking yarn - the RH looks like it had just come from the store! One of the nearby towns is having its annual city-wide sale day on the 23rd, maybe I'll get lucky too!:cheer

:yay You lucky girl, what great finds! That's a ton of great looking yarn - the RH looks like it had just come from the store! One of the nearby towns is having its annual city-wide sale day on the 23rd, maybe I'll get lucky too!:cheer

I hope so! A community yard sale is where I found the greens - down a narrow road out in the middle of no where. We found several goodies that day! I love people who buy Yankee and Home Interior candles and then sell them in their yard sale for a dollar! ;)

Archived