Pillowghan CAL

Guest PamCrochets

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You go, ladies! I am so glad that I joined the CAL. Everytime I go to the movies and have my travel ghan I am so thankful. It was a lot of fun and I love checking in the Gallery to see how it is coming along.

~ DAWN

After reading all 22 pages of postings I've just got to join it:D This link has been going for so loooooooooong it must be a great project to get involved in:hook

Would someone please share the "pineapple" pattern:manyheart My husband's b'day is in October and this is what I want to make for him.

:ty

You're welcome! I"m trying to keep my WIP's under control so I can do some scrapbooking....

I managed to put in another 3 skeins on my p'ghan on Sunday! WOO HOO!:yay

It looks about halfway finished now!

If I were to join this CAL is there a time frame for when a project needs to be completed? I am in a 12" exchange and plan to do a pillowghan from all the squares - but I don't have enough squares just yet.

Thoughs??

Hi Dawn! I'm going to go ahead and put your name with blog link on the CAL website! I love that more people are joining now - it seems as though once it starts to cool down our thoughts turn to afghans and pillowghans really are the best (and I say that objectively :blush )

I don't know if anyone is familiar with Crochet Legacy and Karen Whooley but she had an anniversary contest not too long ago and sent out a thing for charities where she'd design a pattern for your charity of choice and I submitted Project Linus. Well, anyways, that charity was chosen and so she asked all those that had chosen PL for a pattern idea and of course I said A PILLOWGHAN! I think a pillowghan would be perfect for a child who has been displaced to carry with them to a new foster home or wherever they're going (or home from the hospital, etc) - I haven't heard back if that idea was accepted or not - but it's out there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Well, I'm back to "work" - I'm trying to design a series of handmade notecards for the crochet world using my Wishblade (it's a die cut machine that works like a printer only is uses a blade) - so far I've made a template for a personalized crochet hook. Ok - too much OT.

have a great day!

I was thinking of making my brother a pillowghan for Christmas, so I'm thinking I'll join this CAL. I'll be making it in blue, green, yellow, and white. I really like Drew's "Cat Tracks" square, very masculine, and looks warm.

That sounds perfect, Antara! Thanks for joining - I'm so glad to have you! I'll get you added to the CAL website here shortly. Now to have a look at this square of Drew's! Is it in the 2006 calendar? (I just found it - it's on his Free Patterns page! awesome square!!)

Have fun with this project and post progress when you can! I'm looking forward to seeing how it comes along!:cheer

I just saw that this CAL is still going. :yay I have a few projects to finish first then I would love to be in this group. I have done a pillowghan once before and loved it. This will make some awesome gifts when complete, doing as a CAL makes it more fun one would think.:wink I have the patterns bookmarked. Now to decide which one to do first and the colors to do it. Hmmmmmm...:think

Archived