Pillowghan CAL

Guest PamCrochets

I found these instructions that might help you... http://www.needlepointers.com/displaypage.aspx?ArticleID=26298&URL=http%3a%2f%2fmembers.aol.com%2fcrochetalong%2fpillowghans.html

I'm almost finished with mine. I have 6 more squares to complete and then I can start putting it together :clap:cheer:hook

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hunh?

when you tuck it in do you fold it over or tuck it in?

The pocket folds over the top of the folded up blanket. Lay it out flat with the pocket on the bottom.

Fold one side to the middle, but not all the way to the edge.

Fold the other side over the middle to the edge - the blanket will be in thirds.

Then start bringing in the non pocket edge. I start with a quarter fold, then fold again and again until it is at the edge with the pocket. Then I pick the whole thing up - stick my hand in the pocket and grab the inside and pull it over the folded blanket.

I hope that helps - it's hard to explain!

WHOAH! That's gorgeous! I think you've just a hit a record for the fastest Pillowghan completed EVER!:clap:yay:cheer

I will work on getting those photos on the Gallery page - hopefully today if time allows!

Go check out the Gallery page!

Awesome JOB! I love the colors and the variegated edges - just beautiful!

I found these instructions that might help you... http://www.needlepointers.com/displaypage.aspx?ArticleID=26298&URL=http%3a%2f%2fmembers.aol.com%2fcrochetalong%2fpillowghans.html

I'm almost finished with mine. I have 6 more squares to complete and then I can start putting it together :clap:cheer:hook

:dance Fantastic!

I'm working on block 10 and have a question. I'm working the pineapple granny, how have those of you that work this pattern joined them?? crochet or whip stich.

4_12_12.gif

In the gallery they all look great but it hard to tell from a picture how they are joined.

DONE! Well all except weaving in the ends...

http://ttbookjunkie.blogspot.com/2005/11/all-but-ends.html

Happy Crocheting...

Amanda:hook

:cheer:clap:yay :yay

It's beautiful! Are these the photos you want me to use for the gallery, or do you want me to wait until you have photos of ends joined? Just let me know! You did an awesome job!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I now have 5 rows of my pillow ghan. Today is the deadline I gave myself to have it done by so It could go out as holiday gift. As it is a gift and they have access to my blog no pictures are up yet and I can't figure out how to post them here.

I finnished last night. All the ends are in and the border is on! I'm so happy!!!!:c9 I sent my pictures to Mitz. Thanks for the help with getting them up.:eek I'm so clueless on the computer.

• 1 month later...

Hi! It's definitely not too late at all - this is an ongoing thing and some of us are on our second one. It's been quiet here lately, so it's nice to have some one new! Welcome!!! When you decide - please share what pattern you'll be using and what colors you pick and just have fun with this! There's no timeline pressure for completion. Glad to have you with us :hook:hug

Okay. I've decided on the one I'm going to start! I just bought the two out-of-print Leisure Arts leaflets, Pillowghans for Baby 1 & 2 and got one in the mail today. I'm going to be starting on the Heart pattern and will be making it for one of my grandsons. I think I'm going to use the colors they suggest - pink, white and green. Now I just have to get my yarn!

I have a question about the buttons. Are we supposed to post them somewhere? Do you normally put them on your websites and link to the thread? How about including them in a newsletter? :think

:yay That sounds beautiful! As far as the buttons go - you are not required to put them anywhere - they're just for your websites, blogs or galleries - but you're more than welcome to put it in a newsletter. I think that's a fantastic and new idea!

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd check in. Is everyone busying crocheting new pillowghans? :lol

I've gotten the first 12" square done and I'm working on the second. My youngest son saw it and guess what - he's claimed the finished product for his own. :P So, it looks like after I finish this one, I'll need to start another one up! I'm trying to find time in between "work" so it'll probably take me awhile to get this done.

• 1 month later...

Iread there was still time to join in on this? I am interested.. I have never made one before but want to start doing it.. My fiance is a truck driver so it would be good to make one for him and it would be small enough to store ... thanks

Tami

Archived