Pillowghan CAL

Guest PamCrochets

Welcome crothread! My favorite thing about the pillowghan is the pocket you get for your toes when it's opened into a blanket - toasty toes - the perfect gift! I'll get you added to the CAL website now and will look forward to seeing your progress!:)

I'm going to be adding links to 12" squares as ideas for pillowghans - the first one to be added to the site is The Crochet Dude's Cat Tracks square - in fact - many of his squares would make stunning pillowghans. And since my first pillowghan was a gift for hubby, I can personally attest to the fact that it's a great gift idea for the men in your lives!

Thanks for hooking up with the CAL!:hook

have fun!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't planning on starting yet, but last night I got the itch. I finnished 1 & 1/2 blocks. I chose to work the Pineapple square with RH Claret. I had it in my stash. I haven't decided if I want to work some of the squares in a lite pink to go with. May be slow going for awhile as I do have other projects waiting to be finnished. I need to get at least 2 made in time for Christmas, 1 for SIL and 1 for DH.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Believe it or not, I have never seen a pillowghan before! I am going to give it a try. I love 12" squares. I have a feeling the end sewing is where it will mess me up. BUT, I will give a yell when I get to that part!

Kay

are you all still doing this???

Absolutely! You can join anytime - finish anytime - use any pattern, colors...and make as many as you'd like! I'm on my second but haven't picked it up in awhile - have been sidetracked with scrapbooking and stamping....too many hobbies - so little time!

Anyways - jump in whenever you're ready - we'd love to have you!!!

Believe it or not, I have never seen a pillowghan before! I am going to give it a try. I love 12" squares. I have a feeling the end sewing is where it will mess me up. BUT, I will give a yell when I get to that part!

Kay

:eek What? They're so much fun to do, Kay - you'll really enjoy it. And sewing the squares together is the worst - but it's not that bad. The good thing is that you have LESS squares to join when they are 12" each!! I had problems doing my first put together of squares - but it was fine once I got the hang of it and there is TONS of great help and tutorials here!!!

WELCOME!!!:hook

Okay... count me in!! :clap I can't help loving the idea of one thing having a dual purpose :D:cheer I've been working on mine for the last 3 weeks (16 squares done, 7 more to go unless I really want to make it huge :eek ) I'll get some pics of it in the next few days to share, if that's okay :blush

Annie

Ok I have 2 sq done for my first I am doing it in country blue and dark blue. They are neat together. I am plugging along trying to get it done in a jiffy for a gift by Thursday. So I am on a 63 sq break until sat. Will post a pic when its done!!

Ok I am the kind who likes to sew my rows together as I am doing them can someone help with a question on the "pillow" Sq where 2 sq are sewn together to make the pouch which end is open the end toward all the gahn or the edge?

I made mine in one piece with the pillow square on top and it was open toward the afghan - the edge was lined up with the edge of the afghan and stitched together.

I hope this helps!

Archived