My sweet hubby / hey Ft Lauderdale Hookers!

My husband it too sweet!

For a week now he's been telling me to come home from work on-time tonight because he has a special evening planned.

I really thought he had tickets to an advanced movie showing.

He was very mysterious about it and wouldn't tell me what it was. Even as we were driving there, he wouldn't give me a clue. Well.....

he took me to a local yarn store that has a weekly Thursday Night Stitch-In. He had packed up the blanket that I'm working on - and the color yarn that I needed and hid it in his truck. Took me to the yarn store and dropped me off for 2 hours while he went to Barnes and Noble.

I was suprised that none of the ladies there were 'Ville members, but I met a few very nice ladies - 3 knitters and 2 crocheters, and it was really nice to just sit and work and chat.

The yarn store has some beautiful yarns that I've never seen before, and it was a great evening.

I think its so sweet that hubby made a big deal to suprise me with this - he really went out of his way to make it a great surprise. I crocheted from 6:30-8:30 and then he picked me up and we went out for a late supper.

I know that there are some members here from Ft Lauderdale, Plantation and The Pines. It could be fun for us all to plan and meet there one Thursday evening.

The Store is A Stichers Haven in The Fountains shopping plaza on University between I595 and Broward.

I don't know if I'll be going every week, but I'll be going back. Would love to meet some of you there. :)

I got goosebumps reading about what your wonderful hubby did for you. Now that is true love!! My hubby supports my crochet addiction too. Everytime we go to Wal Mart, he makes sure I go thru the yarn section "just in case"...This is the only local place for me to buy yarn. (now I buy most on line).

I live in FL but up in Brevard County (Titusville area). Wish I were closer. It would be great to meet up.

What a sweet hubby you have.

I've been to Stitcher's Haven once but not on a Thursday night, when I went they were taking a break from the meetings for a few weeks. But I would be willing to meet up with everyone there on a Thur. night.

I do attend a knit/crochet group on Saturday mornings in Davie at the Old Davie School House and we always enjoy having new people join us.

What an amazing DH you have there. Mine supports my addiction very well, but he would never think to do something this wonderful.

Wish I was closer . . . It sounds like you had a lot of fun.

I love it when husbands obviously put special thought into something they do for their wives. So much more personal than a standard bouquet they can pick up at any old grocery!

Not that I'll sneeze at a bouquet ;)

~ Joy

What a sweet hubby you have.

I've been to Stitcher's Haven once but not on a Thursday night, when I went they were taking a break from the meetings for a few weeks. But I would be willing to meet up with everyone there on a Thur. night.

I do attend a knit/crochet group on Saturday mornings in Davie at the Old Davie School House and we always enjoy having new people join us.

Carol - tell me more please! :)

I saw the website awhile ago and was scouting out more today. Sounds good. I live in Sunrise. I have been talking to another Miami crocheter from Etsy and we were looking to get a So Flo group together to maybe start meeting. Maybe I'll come and visit at the Haven next time!

What a sweet guy you have!! Mine supports my crochet habit as well, but I'm not sure he'd go the extra mile like yours. He has been known to follow me through Hobby Lobby, or Michael's pushing my cart for me or simply stop at Hobby Lobby on the way home to pick up something for me though.

He definately deserves :hug :hug !!!

Mistiaggie - I would love to meet up with local crocheters - we do have several in the area!

Christie - we don't have Hobby Lobby in Fl - which is good. Hubby will take me to Michaels, Rag Shop, Joannes, AC Moore - but NOT Hobby Lobby!

He HATES Hobby Lobby. :)

Hubby will take me to Michaels, Rag Shop, Joannes, AC Moore - but NOT Hobby Lobby!

He HATES Hobby Lobby. :)

Where's an AC Moore by you? I live in Davie, by the way

Where's an AC Moore by you? I live in Davie, by the way

It's a schlep - up in Pompano Beach.

I used to work up there so I went a lot. Now I drive up every now and then because there yarn dept is so much bigger than the local competition.

It's on Federal and Sample.

Archived