How neat is this? AA's pat of the dayTuesday

These potholders are nice, but they look familiar. Does AA use the same patterns from the scrap club to use as freebies? They remind me of a pattern that I have, but can't find:(........................Lise

I liked them, too!!! Of course...they are now on "my list"!!! Thanks for sharing!

I have no way of knowing how old you are and I cannot figure out for the life of me what you do to your posts but is there any chance you would consider using a colour or intensity that "old Eyes" can read? Very pale blue on very pale blue is not high on the readability scale. :hug

I have to highlight your posts to be able to read them. When I tried to make them black for this quote, they were still so pale I couldn't see them anyway so I started over.

I realize that the world cannot always be worried about the needs of old people but I would like to see what you have to say. :hug

Yay, I haven't seen these yet in the past year I've been looking, and I rarely miss a day. Cute!

These potholders are nice, but they look familiar. Does AA use the same patterns from the scrap club to use as freebies? They remind me of a pattern that I have, but can't find:(........................Lise

Yep if you look at the bottom it always tells where it's from, and this one says "From Annie's Scrap Crochet"

These potholders are nice, but they look familiar. Does AA use the same patterns from the scrap club to use as freebies?

Annies is repeating most patterns, including this one, from last year's free pattern a day. They take the patterns from everything they own; magazines, books, pamplets, etc. A lot can be found on freepatterns.com.

This pattern comes from Annie's Scrap Crochet.

I have no way of knowing how old you are and I cannot figure out for the life of me what you do to your posts but is there any chance you would consider using a colour or intensity that "old Eyes" can read? Very pale blue on very pale blue is not high on the readability scale.

I have to highlight your posts to be able to read them. When I tried to make them black for this quote, they were still so pale I couldn't see them anyway so I started over

What she's doing is either coding her font herself or coping and pasting because we don't have a handwriting font that I see.

To change it, you're obviously getting the black you just need to change the font, too. With her's because we don't have that font, the font box goes tiny. Click it anyway and you'll get the normal choices. It works.

I'm wondering if your monitor needs some adjusting. It sounds too bright. I can read her posts, even with my contacts out.

Another thing that will help is if you have Paint Shop Pro or Photo Shop, look for the Gamma in either, click it and follow directions. I think PSP is automatic. Our old monitor was really bad but when I discovered the Gamma, it help so much.

How neat would these be to incorporate into an afghan....

I was thinking the same thing. I downloaded the pattern and copied it into a Word document.

Annies is repeating most patterns, including this one, from last year's free pattern a day. They take the patterns from everything they own; magazines, books, pamplets, etc. A lot can be found on freepatterns.com.

This pattern comes from Annie's Scrap Crochet.

What she's doing is either coding her font herself or coping and pasting because we don't have a handwriting font that I see.

To change it, you're obviously getting the black you just need to change the font, too. With her's because we don't have that font, the font box goes tiny. Click it anyway and you'll get the normal choices. It works.

I'm wondering if your monitor needs some adjusting. It sounds too bright. I can read her posts, even with my contacts out.

Another thing that will help is if you have Paint Shop Pro or Photo Shop, look for the Gamma in either, click it and follow directions. I think PSP is automatic. Our old monitor was really bad but when I discovered the Gamma, it help so much.

You're kidding right? That is wayyyyy too much work to read a post I can just not read. I did explain up front that I have old eyes.

Okay, I'm not sure where my mind is today, but when I first saw this post I thought "Hmmm, I didn't realize that AA (Alcholics Anonymous) did crochet work." :rofl :rofl I thought they may have started some new kind of therapy. :lol I sure was glad to see that it was Annie's Attic that you all were talking about. :D

You're kidding right? That is wayyyyy too much work to read a post I can just not read. I did explain up front that I have old eyes.

Yikes! My nose is mere inches from the screen to read some of these fancy fonts too. While they're very pretty (especially when in different colors), it frankly isn't practical in this case.

I think it must be a different monitor setting too, about the blue. On my computer, it looks like a dark blue, so it's easy to read. Actually, Darski, the blue in her font looks darker than the blue in the link in your signature. I never thought about different colors being harder to read on here, I just do whatever is automatically set. Oh well. Neat pattern from AA though! :)

Victoria

No I'm not kidding. I was trying to be helpful. I have 'old' eyes, too. ;)

It's really easier than it sounds, especially if you want to read a post.

However the simplest thing to do is adjust your moniter. It requires you turning one or two knobs/buttons.

Actually, Darski, the blue in her font looks darker than the blue in the link in your signature.

Same here, it's darker than the signature.

:)

Archived