"lacy sleeveless top"

would anybody like to join me in making this tank top from Family Circle Easy Crochet. Its on page 42.

I started making it about 2 months ago and its just dragging. its a BEAUTIFUL top and i'd love to wear it by the end of the summer. Its a lot of work and i need some motivation from you ladies.

there are a lot of beautiful things to make in this issue as well.

thanks,

nichole

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Nichole,

I'll join you :) I'm pretty far along on this already (it has been about a month for me). I'm almost done with the bodice, which leaves me the bottom edging, the straps, and the finishing (buttons etc). I love the way it looks, but it is time consuming!

this is a VERY cute top... I was actually looking through my magazines yesterday and stopped at this one. I ended up starting the Kimono Cardi from Crochet Today feb/mar '07, but heck, I already have about 10 wips, so what's another one:D . Let me look through my yarn stash:yarn and see what I have that will work up to gauge - looks like a fingering weight yarn judging by the recommend size E hook, and I just LOVE working with fingering weight:yes and small hooks - definitely my favorites for wearables!:hook

Happy to join :) I've just realized that my gauge length is a bit off on the bodice, so I'm adding more rows so I can be decently covered!! I'm a little bummed...I thought I was almost done with that part. OH well...I shall press on. How far along are you?

i'm trying to do one patt rep a day. so far i have about 4 patt reps...on the bottom part. but, its a long slow process. it takes a lot of time just for one patt rep. so, anyway, i'm getting there.

I've been working on this top sporadically, but I will try to give input on my status. So far, it's coming along nicely. I'm using Sinfonia 100% cotton dk weight yarn.

I just finished this top 2 days before you started this crochet a long but I thought you all might enjoy to see my finished top. Since I used a different yarn, I went with the smallest size. And I didn't like the strapes, so I did just 2 rows of sc and then the shell pattern. It went alot faster after I got the petal part done.

Picture_001.jpg

It looks nice! I like the colors.

I'll join (my first CAL!). I bought yarn for this project about a week ago. I won't be able to start for close to two weeks, though--I'm taking an extremely stressful 4 week summer class, and that takes up all of my time.

that is BEAUTIFUL Amanda. great job. congrats on finishing! that petal pattern is kicking my butt. i've never crocheted something so slowly in my life!!! lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello :)

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I have finished this top. The details are posted here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=818276#post818276

I didn't have any problems with the rest of the pattern, and I'm pretty pleased with the results. I hope you all are coming along well! Good luck finishing and I'll keep checking in to see some more finished projects!

I just finished this top 2 days before you started this crochet a long but I thought you all might enjoy to see my finished top. Since I used a different yarn, I went with the smallest size. And I didn't like the strapes, so I did just 2 rows of sc and then the shell pattern. It went alot faster after I got the petal part done.

Picture_001.jpg

Beautiful top!! Love it! Carey

I made one as well and that issue is so floppy and worn because Ive made so many things out of it. Its a great issue!

awesome! i'd love to see it.

i'm still slowly cruising along with mine. it's really getting there.

aww. shoot, I dont think its on the shelves anymore. you could probably order a backissue from the fam circle website. its spring 07.

I tried the Family Circle website, and I couldn't find any back issues. I have found some on Ebay, so could anyone tell me the exact issue its in? all I know is it's a Spring issue and on page 42. What month is it for? Any help would be appreciated!:)

I tried the Family Circle website, and I couldn't find any back issues. I have found some on Ebay, so could anyone tell me the exact issue its in? all I know is it's a Spring issue and on page 42. What month is it for? Any help would be appreciated!

There isn't a month. It's Spring 2007 Family Circle Easy Crochet Magazine.

One of my Wal-Marts still has them, so look there or in your bookstores.

This is the one you're looking for, about half way down the page:

http://www.sugarncream.com/whatsnew.php

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for the info, I actually checked "Books-a-Million" "Wal Mart" and "Michaels" today, without success. I guess I'll just get it off ebay. Thanks though!

I am so in this!

584068663_3f8fdc70ee_m.jpg584068669_966b066605_m.jpg

595352892_cd619328b2_m.jpg

I'm starting the 4th (of 16, for the medium) petal pattern. I had tried to start this top a while back but it didn't work at the time, and now it does.

The yarn is Bernat Cool Crochet but in Hippi Shades rather than white - mostly because there weren't enough balls of white, but also because while my camera phone is not being friendly, Hippi Shades is a really good mix of summer / fall colours.

Those are really great colors, Sky. I really like it.

Barreira: I'm not sure that you will find the mag in any stores. I looked at mine today and it said to take it off the shelves after Apr 17th (or so). I really hope that you can get it tho. Other than this tank, it has some really beautiful patterns in it. Good luck!

I am currently making this top. I started 2 months ago. I am now doing the bottom border and then have to do the straps and buy the buttons that were not mentionned in the beginning of the pattern. Hopefully, I will finish it within the next 2 weeks.

Archived