Hooked on Crochet Magazine (rant)

birdlady1

Has anyone/everyone received the June 2007 issue of Hooked on Crochet? Not me. And now I see on theie website that August 2007 is getting ready to roll.

For the second time in as many weeks, I've had to email Annie's Attic with a complaint. I had trouble cancelling my Scrap Crochet Club membership and now I'm not getting magazines that I've paid for through December 2008!

I"m going to have second thoughts about buying anything from Annie's Attic if this keeps up!:angry

oh my. i used to get hooked on crochet... well actually i used to NOT get it lol. they always forgot to send it to me or something...

then when i tried to cancel it didnt cancel... then they came up with some kind of debty thing... (i always paid them even when i didnt get my issues! it made me mad)

i was ready to pull out all my hair

but i need that kinda :P

anyways eventually i cancelled sucessfully and my balance was cleared..

i will not ever get anything from annie's attic either

My email was answered by AA's customer service and, supposedly, a second copy is being mailed t m e. It's interesting to note that the same customer service rep (Lisa) also answered my complaint about cancelling my Scrap Crochet Club account.

Is AA that small an operation?

Don't know but I do know Lisa is a pretty common name. ;)

Yes, according to the 1990 census, it's the 11th most popular name in the United States. :D But I only know one Lisa ... my sister in Australia.

I have had many problems receiving my subscriptions, but they are always resolved after a phone call or email. The latest excuse was that they were out of stock at the time that mine was to be mailed.:lol Oh well, better later than never.

Actually I think customer service is bad everywhere for the most part. I have lived overseas and travelled a bit and I think the quality of service we have come to expect in North America is going down the toilet. It is too bad really and very frustrating. However, it is worse in other countries (not very helpful I know and is just the thing my mom would say....sigh). Where I live they are actually trying to get as many immigrants as possible to come here so there are enough workers.

Rachel

I finally got my (second) copy of Hooked on Crochet after emailing that I hadn't received the first copy. Yippee! So someone is listening (or reading) at Annie's Attic.

My BF got me a gift subscription to Hooked on Crochet one year. I only got maybe 2 or 3 issues. It took her 6 months of calls and complaints to get her money back. I no longer deal with Annies Attic. If I want a magazine I get it at a local store that stocks all of the crocheting mags.

My BF got me a gift subscription to Hooked on Crochet one year. I only got maybe 2 or 3 issues. It took her 6 months of calls and complaints to get her money back. I no longer deal with Annies Attic. If I want a magazine I get it at a local store that stocks all of the crocheting mags.

The comments on this thread have really been eye-openers. I guess I'll have second thoughts about ordering anything from Annie's Attic from now on.

i order from annies all the time with no problems at all. i was kind of miffed to find that starting in august they are going to combine annies favorite crochet with hooked on crochet, both of which i have a subscription for. also might want to add for those who want annies products but not to deal with them, i also have bought from maggiecrochet.com many many annies books not sure how she gets them but they are the ones at the store. i found alot of places have lousy customer service including mail order online i get very frustrated. i had ordered somehting from joanns.com and they never even proceceed my order, if i had not called i would most likely have waited forever.:angry:angry

Archived